Thursday, July 21, 2011

Garlic Green Beans

We discovered this green bean recipe two summers ago and have been making it ever since. I never knew fresh green beans tasted so good, and were actually so easy to make. I was raised on can green beans, but fresh is definitely better. Way Better!!!

Garlic Green Beans
from the kitchen of Tina Hudgens

1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp minced garlic
pinch of Cayenne Pepper
1/4 cup finely diced mushrooms
2 cups fresh green beans
pinch of sea salt
pinch of sugar
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup chopped pecans
fresh pepper, to your liking

Melt butter in a skillet on medium heat; add in minced garlic, cayenne pepper and diced mushrooms. Cook until heated through. Add in fresh green beans, sea salt and a pinch of sugar. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes. Add in 1/4 cup water, cover and cook for additional 6 minutes; uncover and boil until water evaporates. Season with fresh pepper and toss with chopped pecans.


  1. Delicious - I love fresh green beans, and this looks like a great way to serve them. Thanks for sharing :-)
    Sue xo

  2. I will be giving this a try. Green Beans were in my CSA this week! It looks so delicious.

  3. What a great recipe, these look delicious!! :) New follower! xoxo

  4. OHHHH!1 I want some of these! I recently got some Himalayan pink salt and organic peppercorns from Sustainable Sourcing and I'll have to try them out in this recipe. Thanks for sharing!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...