Friday, December 16, 2011

Hot Cocoa Dippers from GUEST BLOGGER: The Farm Girl

I am just LOVING this recipe from The Farm Girl. I came across her blog some time ago and have been follwoing it ever since. Her recipes always stand out, her pictures are amazing and a few of her recipes have made there way to be featured and/or voted as top recipes on my blog. This is why I am so honored to have her here today guest posting. That picture below is her parents back yard, I am in ah! Just amazing, so beautiful! I can only dream of places like that, I live in Southern California.

TAKE IT AWAY:   I am so excited to be here at MOMS CRAZY COOKING!  Thanks Tina for having me come over.

I am Julie from The Farm Girl Recipes.  I am a tried and true daughter of a third generation farmer.  I grew up in the "wilds" of Idaho and absolutely loved being in the middle of nowhere.  That photo up there is the view from my parents back door--so beautiful to me.  Somewhere along the way, I discovered that I loved to cook and bake.  The big joke in my house growing up was that Julie could cook anything except boxed mac-n-cheese.  It's true--I just couldn't get it right!!!  It's probably because I can't stand the stuff, and how can I cook something I don't like? 

Anyways...growing up, my mom really helped me discover the joys of cooking and baking. I learned to love to make yummy food for other people and help them discover the joy it is to taste great food.  That's why I created my blog--to share the joy of the kitchen with others and to help them learn how much fun it is to cook and bake.

I now how 4 wonderful children, 2 boys and 2 girls and an awesome husband who is so supportive of all the new recipes I am constantly trying--even when they turn out not so great--because believe it or not, all great cooks have some colossal screw-ups.  Trust me!  

Now that it's so close to Christmas we have been in full swing at our house.  One of the things we love to do this time of year is give out treats to our neighbors.  

I am always looking for something new to share with them.  This is what we are giving this year--hot cocoa dippers.  I had my children try them and they were in love.  They thought it was so fun to have something cute to stir into their chocolate, plus I love the little zing of flavor the mint gives it.

It will be so cute packaged in a clear bag with some dippers, hot chocolate, and tied with Christmas  string.  Perfect for a cold winter night.

These beauties can be made many different ways.  I used crushed candy canes, Andes mint chips, and red sugar flakes.  You can also use red sprinkles.  Feel free to use your imagination and experiment.  

Hot Cocoa Dippers
Source: idea from Good House Keeping

Large marshmallows
Drinking straws ( I got mine at Garnish)
Chocolate (I used chocolate candy melts)
Toppings: crushed candy canes, Andes mint chips, red sugar sprinkles, or red nonpareil sprinkles

Spread out wax paper on a flat surface.  Skewer marshmallows on straws, making sure to not go through the end. Melt chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl, according to package directions. Dip in marshmallows, leaving white tops exposed; lift sticks straight up, letting excess chocolate drip off. Add toppings and let cool completely on wax paper.  Package for your neighbors or make yourself some cocoa and add your dipper.  Enjoy!

I would love you to come over and visit and I hope you have a wonderful Christmas season!

The Farm Girl Recipes

Thank You, Thank You Julie!
Doesn't this picture just make you SMILE? Please hop on over and say hello to The Farm Girl, I am sure you will find a ton of recipes you can't resist. Tell her you found her here at MOMS CRAZY COOKING! I am really hoping and praying that I get to make these dippers this year! So many things to make, so little time and not enough people to eat them all! Happy Christmas Baking!


  1. Thanks for your sweet comments, I totally appreciate it! Hope you have a Merry Christmas :)

  2. I've GOT to try this, and QUICK! :o)

    thanks for sharing!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...