background

BLOG UNDER CONSTRUCTION

WELCOME to my blog… under construction. PLEASE NOTE if you are visiting for the first time or a long time fan, all my LINKS from Pinterest and just if you saved a favorite recipe, all links are broken. Most likely if you clicked on a saved link from somewhere it says “that page cannot be found”, but Do NOT worry, the recipe is STILL HERE, just lost in internet space. This happened when I had an error on my blog and someone tried to help me and basically destroyed my entire blog in the process.

THERE IS HOPE. Example: If you look at the URL of the link (recipe) you are trying to find, note the original post date, IE: 9/2012, just look in the original URL for month/year and then you can click on the ARCHIVE below under 2012 / September and then click the recipe name.

I am in the process of trying to fix my blog, but links cannot be restored, so basically my 4+ years of blogging is wasted and I am re-building from scratch. AHHHHH, okay! So…. HERE WE GO….

Monday, May 26, 2014

Quick BBQ Salad

Yep, it's Summer time! Diet time! And Salad time! My twin daughters are home from college and this mama is happy. We all want to loose some weight, exercise more frequently and eat healthy!


I am finally going through my mounds of recipes I've cut out from varies places and sorting, filing, pinning and picking out a slew of summer recipes.



This is one of my favorite parts of having my daughters home, they love my cooking and love when I create new things! As for my boys, they would be happy if I made Hamburger Helper every night.

I went "real food" shopping first, there are hardly ever coupons for "real food" deals, so I made a special trip and filled my basket with the good stuff. My basket looked pretty healthy, if I do say so myself! 



This week we picked out a few salad recipes and packaged them up for our work-day lunch time meals. 





This first recipe believe it or not is from an article I cut out of Good Houskeeping - October 2009. Yep, this has been hanging around my file bins since then. This recipe actually isn't too fancy and I've probably made it a few times before without even following a recipe. 



We made them all up at the beginning of the week in ziploc containers or throw away containers and even my daughter who works at a local burger joint took this salad to eat on her break at work and all her co-workers were like "we want that"!  Sometimes healthy just IS better!



BBQ Chopped Salad
(Recipe will depend on how many salads you wish to make up for the week or if you are serving just for one meal so here is just a general idea)

Can of corn with peppers (or Mexican Corn)
Left over Shredded Chicken
BBQ Sauce
Limes
Ranch Dressing
Favorite Lettuce Mixture
Fresh Cilantro
Tomatoes (we used grape tomatoes)
Shredded Cheese
Crushed Tortilla Chips

Portion, Mix and Serve. We put the dressing on the side in small containers for a good lunch-to-go option. 


2 comments :

  1. Good Morning Tina! I unmarked spam to receive your posts and shared on Facebook. Hope this helps, Nettie from Moore or Less Cooking

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...