background

Monday, December 10, 2012

Sparkling Chewy Molasses-Spice Cookies {12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS GOODIES}

12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS GOODIES
Sparkling Chewy Molasses-Spice Cookies
I haven't always loved molasses cookies, but wanted to try my hand at them a bit more. I saw this recipe on Pinterest and knew I had some left over molasses in the cupboard and with sticking to "cleaning out the cupboards" in baking this year I thought, why not? Believe it or not these cookies were a hit.

Sparkling Chewy Molasses-Spice Cookies
recipe source Not Martha, original recipe from Martha Stewart (Dec. 2005)

2 cups all-purpose flour
1-1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 large egg
1/4 cup molasses
about 1/2 cup chunky sanding sugar

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; set aside. Then add the butter and sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer until combined. Beat in the egg, and then the molasses until just combined. Put mixer on low and slowly add the flour mixture just until dough forms.

Spoon 1 tablespoon of dough at a time (or use a 1" ice cream scoop), roll into a ball between your palms, then roll in sanding sugar to cover all sides. Place on cookie sheets spaced three inches apart (cookies will spread while baking). Bake one sheet at a time until edges of cookies are just firming up, 10 to 15 minutes.

2 comments :

  1. Looks delicious!! I love molasses cookies and I love the sparkle on top! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina~ These cookies look so good! I have heard so much about your Crazy Cooking Challenge and would love to chat with your about the #SundaySupper Movement that I initiated. My email is familyfoodie@yahoo.com, I would love to connect with you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...