background

Monday, February 18, 2013

Pizza Bites

It's been a few months now, with several plane trips back and forth from California to Missouri, but my daughters are away at college and having the time of their life. I will admit facebook and txt'ing make it a whole lot easier. And God knew what he was doing when he blessed me with twins, because I have one twin who calls me almost everyday (thank GOODNESS) and I have another twin who I hardly hear from at all. Good thing her sister keeps me up to date on all the happenings around there. I think I've talk to them almost every single day in some way shape or form, txt, email, or facebook. It sure makes being 1837 miles away so much easier.

Here they are enjoying their very first ride down the slopes. These California girls are learning all about their first winter, not just the fun on the slopes, but the 25 degree days, tornado warnings, and finding their car covered in snow in the mornings. Let the FUN begin, they are experiencing their first ever White Winter.


Before my daughters left I was trying to make all the things they wanted and one of them had found this on Pinterest and begged for me to make it, it was one of those things I keep putting off, but I did finally make it for her before she left and she loved it.


Pizza Bites
adapted by me, recipe found at The Gunny Sack
original recipe from Pillsbury - Appetizers Dec 2005

2 - 3 cans Pillsbury Buttermilk Biscuits (10 biscuits per can)
approx 56 pepperoni slices (or use sausage, pineapple or just cheese for my little guy)
1 small block of cheese (Colby Jack works great), cut into small squares
1 egg, beaten
1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
Italian seasoning
Garlic powder
Your favorite Homemade Pizza Sauce (works great with left-over spaghetti sauce too)

First flatten out all biscuits. You can use a small rolling pin or even just your hand. Layer on a small tsp of sauce, a pepperoni (or sausage, pineapple or whatever filling you like), add in a chuck of cheese and then fold. You will fold like a square (gather the bottom, then both sides, then the top), you will end up with a round'ish-square'ish bundle.

Have a 9x13 glass baking dish ready with non-stick spray and then line up the pizza bites into rows in your baking dish. Brush the rolls with the beaten egg and then sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese, Italian Seasoning and Garlic Powder. Bake at 425 degrees for 18-22 minutes. When dough is done and cheese is melted they are ready to go.

You can reserve some pizza sauce to serve as dipping sauce, or since sauce is already inside they are ready to go. My kids dip them in ranch. Pizza and Ranch they just go together.

1 comment :

  1. Hi Tina! I just wanted to stop by and invite you to join my How To Tuesday link party. :)

    http://housewifehowtos.com/link-party-2/how-to-tuesday-link-party-9/

    - Katie B. of HousewifeHowTos.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...