background

Monday, March 21, 2011

THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS #21 (Chocolate) and Beacon Hill Cookies (GLUTEN-FREE)

THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS Linky Party #21
The Theme is: Chocolate...Chocolate and MORE Chocolate


We are into our 21st week of THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS linky party and I am excited each and every week. The two other bloggers I do this with From My Tiny Kitchen and Delightful Country Cookin' have become great blogging friends and this entire adventure has been so much fun! Thanks to all who began this with us 21 weeks ago, Thanks to all who have just joined in recently and Thanks to all of you for coming back each and every week to link up your recipes. I particularly LOVE seeing all the recipes because it gives me so many more ideas (and believe me I've made plenty of them).

Let's get to the CHOCOLATE... CHOCOLATE... and MORE CHOCOLATE which is the theme for THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS! As you may or may not know our linky party is very unique, we don't just have you link up a million and one things that takes forever to look through! We link up ONE THEME each week and it's pretty specific, but it's also FUN & INSPIRING.  Then anytime you need a recipe for the crock-pot, looking for a soup or some fun recipes with cherries.. then all you need to do is click on over to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS HOME PAGE and here we have them all saved for you....


This week I am making a GLUTEN-FREE cookie recipe, that actually my son picked out from my 500 Cookies: The Only Cookie Compendium You'll Ever Need (500 Series Cookbooks) Cookbook. We did not intentionally pick this out because it was GLUTEN-FREE but I am so glad he stumbled upon this, because as of next Saturday we are going to be a full-blown GLUTEN-FREE house (and I know my boys are not going for this, but the girls in the house are so ready). This cookie was the PERFECT treat to satisfy the chocolate craving.

Beacon Hill Cookies
from 500 Cookies: The Only Cookie Compendium You'll Ever Need (500 Series Cookbooks)
 

5 oz bittersweet chocolate
2 egg whites
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1/4 cup superfine sugar
3/4 cups chopped pecans
1/2 tsp vanilla (make sure it's gluten-free)

Preheat oven to 350. Melt chocolate. Beat the egg whites with the cream of tartar until soft peaks form. Add 1/3 of the sugar, beat for another minute, then add 1/3 more sugar. Beat again until the whites are stiff, and then fold in the remaining sugar.  Fold the nuts, chocolate and vanilla into the mixture.

Drop level teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto prepared baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes until cookies are cracked and firm to touch.




I LOVE Linky Parties and it's MONDAY already! Let's do this bloggers... it's a fresh start to a NEW week! I can't wait to mix and mingle with all of you and see what has been cooking in your kitchens! Today, this recipe is linked to the following linky parties: Homemaker Monday, I Made It MondayJust Something I Whipped Up, Made by You MondaysMaking the World Cuter, Market Yourself Monday, Melt in Your Mouth MondayMotivate Me MondayMouthwatering MondayJust Another Meatless Monday, Midnight Maniac Meatless Mondays, Your Recipes, My KitchenUnwasted Homemaking Party, Sweets for Saturday and My Meatless Mondays

I LOVE Linky Parties and it's Wednesday.... almost Friday! Come on everyone... "WE CAN DO THIS"! What a great way to mix and mingle with lots of bloggers (and find FABULOUS recipes)! Today, this recipe is linked to the following linky parties: Creative Share Wednesdays, Gold Star Wednesdays, Homemaking Link-Up, Let's Do Brunch, Living Well Wednesdays, Show & Tell, Wandering Wednesday, What's Cooking Wednesday, Works for Me WednesdayWhats on the Menu Wednesday, What's on Your Plate, Sweet Tooth Friday (gluten-free) Slightly Indulgent TuesdayGluten-Free WednesdaysReal-Food Wednesday, Food & Health Carnival
*****************************************************
Now onto the LINKY PARTY! Please only link recipes with our theme!
This week's theme is: CHOCOLATE...CHOCOLATE... and MORE CHOCOLATE

Here is a complete list of the past weeks and a list of what's coming up on This Week's Cravings!

If you are a regular link-up we're excited to see what you made! If you are new please read & follow the simple rules, so everyone can enjoy the linky party! If you forget to link back or add a button IN YOUR post you will receive a gentle reminder. THANKS A MILLION!


Please Grab Our Button!!!

This Week's Cravings Past & Future Recipe Links


This is a BLOG HOP Party so please visit other links
and meet some great BLOGGERS!

29 comments :

  1. OH MY HECK!!!!! My absolute favorite ingredient of all time!!! =o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the invite! Can't wait for the next one... I love hiding stuff from the kids in their food! XO jules

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for hosting this wonderful chocolate party! Everything looks so delicious so far!
    Yum!
    <><
    Concetta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the invite! I've already linked up one of my favourite chocolate recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the invitation...love seeing ALL these delectable chocolate dishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for inviting me in on your fabulous party!! I can't wait to look through all the recipes! I'm your newest follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best linky party EVER! Thank you so much for the invitation. I linked up several chocolate recipes. Looking forward to looking at all the other links. Thanks for hosting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the invite... these all look AMAZING!! Im your new follower... thanks for the recipes everyone!

    PS, I cant wait til april 4th "hubby cooks" link party!! How awesome

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tina! Your cookie recipe looks great!
    You and your family will do fine with gluten free cooking! You can do a lot with corn tortillas and if you are near a Trader Joes, you can use their rice flour tortillas in place of flour tortillas (I have a recipe on my blog for pizzas made from these). Let me know if you have any questions or need help!
    This week I am sharing the first recipe that I posted when my blog was new- Chocolate Mousse that you make in your blender! It is such an easy recipe- it takes only 10 minutes to make. It is one of the best tasting but healthy Chocolate Mousses you will ever try!
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tina,
    Your chocolate cookies look awesome! I'll bet they taste great with a glass of milk! :) Thanks for adding them to Melt in Your Mouth Monday!

    I added my Chocolate Banana Nut Bread to this week's cravings. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I just signed up to follow your blog and I added my recipe to your list.

    God Bless,
    Linda

    Giveaway
    Link

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am bringing my first attempt at homemade marshmallows, but I did dip them in chocolate at the end!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my!! This is the most awesome site I've seen all day! All these chocolate recipes in one place makes me swoooon :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here from the bloghop.
    I follow you on GFC. I'd love for you to follow me back
    Tiffany
    http://tiffspixiedust.blogspot.com
    Tiffypoot @ (aol.com)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for inviting me to join in :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Everything looks great!! I'm not a cook or baker, just blog hopping and found yours! I'm now following. Would love for you to check out my blog and follow back!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this theme since I am pretty much always craving chocolate! THanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. All this chocolate, all in one place! Yum. Yum. And yum.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Tina! THanks for the comment on my blog & the invitation - I would never have found you otherwise! What a fun blog & linky ideas....I'll be back again for sure :) Have a blessed day!
    Collette

    ReplyDelete
  20. thank you for hosting, just linked up & added you to our weekly party list!

    Lolly Jane (:

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the invite! WOW! Some amazing recipes here. I'd better get to baking!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I added my link for the White Chocolate Easter Egg Nests. :) I can't wait to explore all of these yummy chocolate recipes!

    I'm now your newest follower and would love for you to keep coming back and join my followers, as well! :)

    morrowsunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Tina, thanks so much for dropping by to invite me to your blog for the chocolate party link . I posted 5 recipes :)I hope that is ok :)Who doesn't love chocolate, I'm always experimenting with healthy, gluten,dairy and sugar free recipes ! So thanks again
    Actually one of the recipes will be great for your next linky party being secret ingredient my chocolate & zucchini cake, people are surprised when I say it has zucchini in it,it's delicious !
    I hope some of readers give it a try.I know you can make a chocolate beetroot cake but I haven't made that one yet. I could I have plenty of fresh beetroot .
    Sherrie From Simpleliving :):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great idea! I haven't seen a linky party that's themed like this one before. I just linked up and I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Tina, so nice to meet you. Thanks for inviting me to join your linky party!! I'm off to check out your wonderful blog.

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  26. OMW, Chocolate Heaven!!! Thank you so much for the invitation!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your cookies sound wonderful, and I love the name of them. Thank you for sharing them with Let's Do Brunch. I hope you will come along and link up again today.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...