background

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Peanut Butter Patties (Tag-a-longs) Girl Scout Cookie Cupcakes

This is my cute little nephew (2-1/2 years old) eating his way through this delicious Peanut Butter Patties Cupcake. This blog post is also one of thee funniest photo shoots to date here on MOMS CRAZY COOKING.


I was babysitting my nephew (and one of his sisters too) but he just LOVES Aunt Tina's Cupcakes. He knows everytime I see him, stop by his house, or he comes to my house that most likely I will always have somekind of cupcake for him. This time I thought it would be fun to have him bake some with me.


He was a riot taking pictures, best model I've had so far. I would tell him, I need a picture of this or that, make sure you look this way or that way? And he would do just what I asked him. I think my sister needs to tap in on that talent. He would be a perfect model. Even when I wanted the perfect picture of him taking a bite of the cupcake, he put it right to his mouth and said "is this good", "did you get it", and "okay am I done now", "can I take a real bite". IT WAS SO DANG CUTE!!! I could of cooked all day with him, but cupcakes were as far as we got.

The outcome though was these one-of-a-kind outrageously delicious, better then any peanut butter cupcake I have ever tasted Girl Scout Cookie Cupcakes. That thank goodness we can only make these a few times a year, when those cute little girl scouts come around selling there delicious cookies. If you see them outside the store, know any girls that still have cookies to sell, then I suggest you get some Peanut Butter Tag-a-Long (or Peanut Butter Patties), so you can make these AWESOME Cupcakes.  I found this recipe over at Inside BruCrew Life and I just knew I had to try them and I am SOOOO happy I did!

Peanut Butter Patties Girl Scout Cookie Cupcakes
originally found at Inside BruCrew Life

1 box vanilla cake mix
1 box Peanut Butter Patties (Tag-a-Longs) Girl Scout Cookies

Preheat oven to 350. Place liners in a cupcake pan. Make up the cake mix according to the directions on the box. Put about 2 Tbsp of cake batter into the liner, then set in one cookie on top. Finish off each cupcake with the rest of the batter. Fill it at least 3/4 of the way full. Bake 22-24 minutes. Let cool and then frost with Honey Peanut Butter Cream, add sprinkles and eat!

Honey Peanut Butter Frosting
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 Tbsp water
2 Tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla
1/8 tsp salt
4-5 cups powdered sugar

Cream butter and peanut butter. Add the water, salt, and vanilla and cream again. Slowly add the powdered sugar until desired thickness. After all the sugar is added, beat in another 1-2 Tbsp water (optional). Then beat in the honey until creamy. (Make sure that it doesn't get to creaming)

It's the WEEKEND, a great time for any kind of PARTY including Linky Parties! Today, we will link this recipe to: Check Me Out Saturday, Cookbook Sundays, It's Party Time, Recipe Swap SundaysSister Sister SundayOne Food Club, Sweets for Saturday, Spotlight Saturday, Sundae Scoop, Muffin Monday, Cupcake Tuesday and Potluck Sunday

8 comments :

  1. wow! so easy and yummy. great idea for using the girl scout cookie. thanks!

    http://spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. For those who are allergic to peanut butter, I would imagine that the Thin Mint cookies could be substituted, but what would you recommend for the icing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nephew is so adorable. Looks like he really enjoyed those cupcakes and why not, they sound twice as good as the Girl Scouts cookie itself. Thanks for linking these up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is a cutie pie! Maybe modeling is in his future..lol These cupcakes look incredible. We just ate our last box of these cookies. I will have to keep an eye out for some more:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina, I just love cupcakes with cookies in them. I bet these are as good as my oreo cupcakes. Thank you so much for linking up to Cookbook Sundays. I hope to see you next month and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cupcakes look and sound so good! I've never put cookies in cupcakes! Thanks so much for linking up and sharing your recipe on Muffin Monday. P.S. What a greaet essay. It got my vote!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cupcakes look amazing! And I love your little star! Thanks for joining us on Cupcake Tuesday!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. just had one I made and they are AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...