background

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Crock-Pot Beef Pot Roast (GLUTEN-FREE & DAIRY-FREE)

I have been making pot-roast forever, I think since I first moved out of my house at 18 years old, when I received my first crock-pot and I know I've never been without once since. I have made my grandma's recipe over a zillion times. Well, my grandma's tried and true recipe is still delicious, but my GLUTEN-FREE daughter can no longer have this delicious recipe. So, where else did I choose to look, of course my trusty bloggers. I came across this new-to-me blog a few weeks ago A Year of Slow Cooking and I am really excited about trying a few more GLUTEN-FREE recipes from there. But, back to the Pot-Roast, this receipe is OUT-OF-THIS world. I just LOVE-LOVE the recipe and I will be making this again and again and again. And YAHOOOO my daughter can have it too! It's GLUTEN-FREE and DAIRY-FREE.


Beef Pot Roast in Crock-Pot
adapted original recipe idea from A Year of Slow Cooking

4 lbs Beef Shoulder Roast or Chuck Roast
2 onions, sliced in rings
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup ketchup
2 cups beef broth
2 cups baby carrots
4 small potatoes, cut in large cubes
1 can peas

In your crock-pot lay the meat in first and then add the onion rings on top. In a separate bowl mix together the brown sugar, apple cider and ketchup, pour on top of meat. Toss in carrots and potatoes. Pour beef broth evenly over roast mixtures. Cover and cook for 6 to 8 hours on low, or until meat will shredded with ease with a fork.  (tough meat means you didn't cook long enough) Add the peas in just before serving (about 15 minutes just to get them hot, you don't want them to turn to mush)

It's the WEEKEND, a great time for any kind of PARTY including Linky Parties! Today, we will link this recipe to: Check Me Out SaturdayIt's Party Time, Recipe Swap Sundays, Saturday SwapSister Sister Sunday, One Food Club and Potluck Sunday

15 comments :

  1. This si so great! My daughter is allergic to dairy so this is definitely going on my list to make! I'm your newest follower! just started a recipe party over on my blog and would love for you to join!
    Lyssa

    http://bornagaincrafter.blogspot.com/2011/03/scrumtrulescent-saturdays-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I googled gluten free slow cook roast beef and came to you!
    I am whipping this recipe up today and it is my first slow cooker, can you believe it?
    I look forward to it in about 8 hours!

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also googled "gluten-free slow cook roast beef" and came to you! Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My this tonight for my family. My father in law was here visiting and has a gluten allergy. This was a delicious recipe and everyone really enjoyed it. Thank you so much! I am printing and adding to my recipe box right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My girlfriend and I have a hard time finding meals we can both eat due to her being gluten free and dairy free. Thanks a ton!!! Will let you know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fantastic! My daughter is Celiac. Gluten-free and dairy free and was so sad to give up so much. She will definitely look forward to this! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for posting this! I'm Celiac and pregnant with number 2. I'm SO HUNGRY and this sounds and smells so good. :) Should be ready to eat in a few hours! Can't wait. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. which beef broth do you use? thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be using this recipe tonight. Thanks for sharing it online!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Found your recipe while searching for ideas to make a yummy dish for a friend... love the combo of ingredients and can't wait to deliver to them. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My granddaughter is celiac..which is more strict with cross contamination than someone who needs or wants to eat gluten free..do you have a list of foods that are celiac accepted? I will make your crock pot beef dish today, it sounds delicious but because I don't always cook gluten free I don't know if brown sugar is gluten free? All catsup's ? Certain brand of beef broth?

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely need to look for gluten free beef broth, since many brands contain gluten. I like Kitchen Basics.

      Delete
    2. Hey Publix has three or four brands of GFCF beef broth. Additionally, Better than bouillon makes a great bouillon alternative for a quick fix...must be refrigerated after opening :)

      Delete
  12. I added your blog to my favorites! I have a lot of food sensitivities and I can't have a lot of things. Thanks for taking the time to post! Helps me alot that I don't have to spend all day trying to think up recipies that both me and my family can eat together!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am trying this tonight! We are new to the gluten free diet. My almost 6 year old daughter was diagnosed about 2 to 3 months ago! This sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...