background

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Chocolate Graham Cracker Snacks (Natchez Cookies)

This is a snack that even adults will love to indulge in. They are so light and fluffy and taste so good! I made this recipe many many years ago when I was a kid (I actually have the handwritten recipe below). I had actually forgotten about it until one day I was at Apples Bed & Breakfast a few years ago and she made what she calls Natchez Cookies. I remembered the taste instantly. (Apples Bed & Breakfast uses Saltine Crackers rather then Graham Crackers but either one is delicious)

When I was making my first scrapbook/cookbook my mom gave me this folder of  family recipes, and this is where I found this piece of paper with my writing on it. A hand written recipe by yours truly "Tina Yvonne Messick" (my signature is bigger then the entire recipe, too funny). PRICELESS!


Just updated this post! I made them today, a batch of each! They were both equally good, but I think I perfer the
Graham Crackers better! They are sinfully delicious (and for sure not on a diet menu)!
Chocolate Graham Cracker Snacks
recipe from unknown source, written by me as a 10 year old child (with a few changes)

Graham Crackers (break into 4th's)
1/2 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 to 1 cup walnuts (or pecans)
1 tsp vanilla (Apples Bed & Breakfast uses this so, I added it in)
1 bag of Chocolate Chips (I think the mini chocolate chips would be better)

Separate Graham Crackers onto a cookie sheet, fill up the entire sheet leaving no space in between. Melt 1/2 lb butter on stove top and then add in 1 cup brown sugar; spread mixture over crackers. Heat Oven to 400 and Bake for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from oven and spread chocolate chips, walnuts on top and wait until chocolate melts. Cool & Serve.


Yep that's me at 10 years old!
It's the WEEKEND, a great time for any kind of PARTY including Linky Parties! Today, we will link this recipe to: Check Me Out Saturday, Show and Tell Saturdays, Sweets for Saturday, Spotlight Saturday, Sundae Scoop, Saturday Spotlight, Recipe Swap Sundays, It's Party Time, Sister Sister Sunday, , Potluck Sunday, Weekend Wander, Who Made What Weekends, One Food Club, Unwasted Homemaking Party, Sunday Showcase Party

8 comments :

  1. Next time we make cracker candy, I'll have to try it with graham crackers! Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moms Crazy Cooking: Chocolate Graham Cracker Snacks (Natchez Cookies) >>>>> Download Now

      >>>>> Download Full

      Moms Crazy Cooking: Chocolate Graham Cracker Snacks (Natchez Cookies) >>>>> Download LINK

      >>>>> Download Now

      Moms Crazy Cooking: Chocolate Graham Cracker Snacks (Natchez Cookies) >>>>> Download Full

      >>>>> Download LINK 5j

      Delete
  2. LOVE your picture!! I laughed when I saw your "squibble" above your name as I used to do that same squibble when I was a kid...ha ha Looks YUMMY, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this looks good! I am your newest follower and would love it if you would check out my blog and follow me too! Thanks!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, heavenly. Thanks for linking this up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea! And what a cool post! And guess what, my middle name is Yvonne too! Anyway, I would love for you to link these up to my sweet treats party this weekend! Hope to see you there :)
    Ashton
    www.somethingswanky.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moms Crazy Cooking: Chocolate Graham Cracker Snacks (Natchez Cookies) >>>>> Download Now

    >>>>> Download Full

    Moms Crazy Cooking: Chocolate Graham Cracker Snacks (Natchez Cookies) >>>>> Download LINK

    >>>>> Download Now

    Moms Crazy Cooking: Chocolate Graham Cracker Snacks (Natchez Cookies) >>>>> Download Full

    >>>>> Download LINK iS

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...