background

Monday, May 30, 2011

THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS Linky Party #31 (Memorial Day BBQ) and Six-Layer Dip

THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS Linky Party #31
The Theme is: Memorial Day BBQ
(What are you bringing to the Memorial Day BBQ today?)

Who doesn't love chips and dips? This is an all-time favorite for any gathering, and a Memorial Day BBQ is no different. I made this delicious dip only once before but had forgotten how good it was. A few weekends ago while we were camping I made the standard 7-layer dip with refried beans (and to be honest, I just don't like it... I can not stand cold beans, so it's totally yuck to me). When I was thinking what recipe I could share with all of you today, I remembered this one and decided to make it, photograph it and of course eat it too!
Six-Layer Dip
Kraft Food & Family

Layer 1: 1 ripe avocado mixed with 1 pkg Cream Cheese (8oz), softened
Layer 2: 1 cup sour cream mixed with 2 tbsp taco seasoning (or a little less if it's too strong)
Layer 3: Mix 3 tbsp salsa with 1 ripe avocado chopped
Layer 4: 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
Layer 5: 1 small tomato, chopped
Layer 6: 2 green onions, sliced

Layer each layer one by one in a glass pie pan. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
A LIST OF "FOOD" LINKY PARTIES: It's MONDAY already! Let's do this bloggers... it's a fresh start to a NEW week! I can't wait to mix and mingle with all of you and see what has been cooking in your kitchens! It's Wednesday....middle of the week, but it's almost Friday! Come on everyone... "WE CAN DO THIS"! I LOVE finding FABULOUS recipes and all these LINKY PARTIES! Today, this recipe is linked to the following: Creative Share WednesdaysHomemaking Link-Up, Let's Do Brunch, Living Well Wednesdays, Show & TellWorks for Me WednesdayWhats on the Menu Wednesday, What's on Your PlateMad Skills Tutorial Link PartyTea Rose Linky Party,What I Whipped Up Wednesday, Whatever Goes Wednesday,  

Now onto the LINKY PARTY! Please only link recipes with our theme!
This week's theme is: Memorial Day BBQ

Here is a complete list of the past weeks and a list of what's coming up on This Week's Cravings!
If you are a regular link-up we're excited to see what you made! If you are new please read & follow the simple rules, so everyone can enjoy the linky party! If you forget to follow the theme, link back or add a button IN YOUR post you will receive a gentle reminder. THANKS A MILLION!



Please Grab Our Button!!!

This Week's Cravings Past & Future Recipe Links

This is a BLOG HOP Party hosted by MOMS CRAZY COOKING, From My Tiny Kitchen and Delightful Country Cookin' stop on by and say HELLO to the other hosts!
The LINKY PARTY is opened ALL Week!
(from Monday to the following Monday at Midnight)!

10 comments :

  1. The dip sounds great, I've never tried it with avocado. Happy Memorial Day:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love a seven layer dip and it is always a hit at our cottage. Thanks for hosting today and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got finished making 3 batches of these meatballs and we're on our way to the BBQ. I baked them in the oven and then transferred them to the crockpot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds amazing!! I am a big fan of dip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum...dip! Looks awesome! Hope your Memorial Day was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That chip dip looks incredible! I love the idea of using avocado instead of beans!

    Thanks for the invite, I'm your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the invite! I'm all linked up. :)

    Anna
    www.askannamoseley.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for inviting me over. I linked up my recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the invite! I'm so excited to read more!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...