background

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Steak Stir-Fry from Jillian Michales Diet

Just 3 weeks until we leave on our Ultimate Family Vacation...to a Beaches Resort! What does this have to do with food? EVERYTHING!!! Since I will be walking around 24/7 in a bathing suit it's time to drop 10-15 lbs. I sure hope I can do it in just a few short weeks! I found a great Jillian Michaels diet in Self magazine, so I thought this would be a great time to give it a try. Week 1 is done and my girls and I all lost 2 lbs each (just like they said we would). This week I am going to up my exercise level and hope for another 2 lbs.

I also purchased her cookbook The Master Your Metabolism Cookbookthis week and it's full of more menu ideas and even another weekly menu plan, like the one I originally found in Self. This was great news that we wouldn't have to be eating the same things over and over again. Here is one of the first dinners we prepared, takes a little getting use to eating all those vegetables, instead of a nice thick serving of mashed potatoes. But, it's only for 4 weeks, I think I can handle it.



Steak Stir-Fry
from Jillian Michaels Self Magazine Diet (January 2011)

4 oz flank steak
olive oil; for cooking
2 cups red cabbage, chopped
1/2 cup carrots, chopped
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil

Cook 4 oz flank steak strips in 1 tsp olive oil for 3 to 4 minutes; transfer to a plate. Saute 2 cups chopped red cabbage and 1/2 cup chopped carrots in 1 tsp olive oil until tender, about 10 minutes. Add vegetables to plate with steak; top with 1 tbsp sesame seeds, 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce, 1 tsp sesame oil. Serve with 1 orange. (only 400 calories; and this is considered a dinner entree)

4 comments :

  1. Looks like a delicious dish! I need to lose 15-20 to get ready for summer too! Please please please let me know if it works! :)

    Amy
    http://utry.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thanks so much for making this! I have been on the fence about purchasing this cook book.....I think you sold me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, looks good. I want to try that :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...