background

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Bean Roll Up: Secret Recipe Club

Secret Recipe Club: Extra Post


Yesterday, I was asked to adopted this blogger: Conner's Cooking who was left out on Monday from the Secret Recipe Club: Group A. I really didn't have any big dinner plans, so I clicked on to her blog to see what I could find. I actually found three recipes right away that I really wanted to try. I knew I had some leftover beans in the refrigerator (I usually save and then end up throwing away because nobody eats them left-over), so I decided that the Bean Roll Up recipe was just perfect.

Secret Recipe Club

The Secret Recipe Club is an awesome group of bloggers and I was happy to help out so that no blogger is left-out. And I understand from Amanda at Secret Recipe Club, there were a few other volunteers that wanted to help out, so below is the linky from all of us who decided to hop on over to Conner's Cooking and make a few things tonight! I LOVE THIS BLOG-WORLD!

And of course, if you are interested in checking out the Secret Recipe Club. Just hop on over there and read all about it! I am a co-host and I am in charge of GROUP B... we will be posting on Monday, August 22. So, you'll have to come back and check out that post too!



Refried Bean Roll Ups
Found over at Conner's Cooking, which she found originally at Betty Crocker 

1 can (16 ounces) refried beans (when used a bean & cheese dip that was left-over)
1/2 cup salsa
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 package flour tortillas for burritos
1 cup shredded lettuce
1/2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese (we eliminated the cheese, because there was already melted cheese in our left-over beans)
avocado & tomato (diced for those who wanted to add them in)

Mix beans, salsa and chili powder in 1 quart saucepan. Heat over medium heat about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until warm. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the bean mixture onto center of each tortilla; spread slightly. Top with lettuce and cheese. Fold over sides and ends of tortillas. Serve with additional salsa if desired.

9 comments :

  1. So easy and quite delicious looking. It was fun coming together and cooking from Connor's Cooking. I hope that you'll check out the Nutella Crêpes which I made from her blog.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  2. never thought to do that with leftover beans.. I will have to try it. i hope you don't mind i shared on my blog at wordpress (yasorusproductions). I did a link to go straight back to you. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this recipe. Your roll ups look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great for a quick lunch. I can't wait to try more of your recipes..
    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great sandwich wrap. I love avacado's and the creamy goodness they add to anything you put them in!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you guys did this, what a sweet idea :) This wrap looks super tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for takign the time to make a recipe from my blog! Wren't these so quick and easy? Loved them!

    Raina

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look great! What a nice thing you all did for a fellow blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look wonderful! I should not be cruising around when I'm think hungry. Now I NEED these. Yes, NEED them! =o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...