background

Monday, September 10, 2012

Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce {THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS Linky Party #98}

THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS has changed, you can now link up ANY recipe you'd like. Come one, Come all. NO rules, NO requirements, just link up any recipes (or food related craft items) and hop around to visit all the great recipes.



I have been making another version of a {Copycat} recipe of Olive Garden's Alfredo sauce for quite some time now and then I came across this new recipe, Thank You Pinterest, oh whatever did we do before Pinterest ? And well, ya know me, I just had to try it. My kids are always telling me, if we like it, leave it alone, but I just can't and here is why. This recipe is SO SO much better. I love it so much more then the old version (and the little boy does too), sure the old version is a little simpler, but this one is so much better.

Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce {copy cat}
recipe found at Budget Savvy Diva

1 pkg Pasta (we like penne, instead of fettuccine)
1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
1 clove of minced garlic
1 pint of heavy cream (or 2 cups)
1 cup of fresh Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp cream cheese
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp white pepper

Make Pasta to your liking. In a sauce pan over medium heat – melt butter and add garlic and cook for two minutes, then add in heavy cream and cream cheese and heat until bubbling, but do not boil. Add in Parmesan Cheese and mix until the cheese melts. Sprinkle in salt and pepper to taste (you don;t need to use all of this, do to your liking). Mix the hot sauce into the noodles and serve. Just like Olive Garden.

Another quick and easy meal just in time for Back to School dinner blues and fall is just around the corner perfect time to be planning some crock-pot meals.


THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS has changed, you can now link up ANY recipe you'd like. Come one, Come all. NO rules, NO requirements, just link up any recipes (or food related craft items) and hop around to visit all the great recipes.

If you are a regular to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS Linky party, then link-up we're excited to see what you made this week. We are no longer sticking with ONE theme, so just link up any of your favorite recipes. 

Please Grab Our Button!!!


Your hostess for this plinky arty are: Tina from MOMS CRAZY COOKING, Nicole from The Daily Dish and Kristi from Veggie Converter.

THE LINKY PARTY is opened ALL Week, come back and link up as many times as you wish, we can't wait to see all your fun and new recipes you made this week!

34 comments :

  1. Thanks for hosting the party! Hope you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I'd share what I have been craving lately - chicken and dumplings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tina, thanks for hosting. I'm sharing Apple Toffee-Banana Rum Bread and Fruity Applesauce today. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made my mouth water and I have never been to that restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I worked for the Olive Garden for many many years. There is no cream cheese in the alfredo recipe. This looks yummy though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just tried recipe..didn't taste like olive garden to me. Maybe minus the cream cheese would be better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My 11 year old daughter made this tonight. It tasted better than Olive Garden which I find rather tasteless. She has never cooked anything other than microwave stuff and did an excellent job filling in for her sick mama tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. TOOO funny, we had this tonight too! I think it's a pretty close match to homemade Olive Garden!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it normal for it to take forever for the parmesan cheese to melt?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is it normal for it to take forever for the parmesan cheese to melt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I make mine, it doesn't take very long.

      Delete
    2. No it shouldn't take too long, just like normal cheese would take to melt!

      Delete
  11. I make a alfredo recipe that is similar to this one, just a few things that r different, but I also make it with cream cheese. Every time I make it, my guest always love it, ask for the recipe, and say it's better than olive gardens. The only down fall is, its so many calories, so if I make it, I either have to save calories that day, or work my butt off at the gym..

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just made this for dinner tonight and it really is delicious!! Thanks for a great and easy recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sauce was really good! I liked the Penne pasta better too. It was great with baked chicken and broccoli on the side.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I made this and it was very liquidy did I not cook it long enough

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No probably not, you need to bring it almost to a boil, its a very iffy stage, and it thickens up at the point. You want to see some bubbling and expanding just not a boil!

      Delete
  15. This is definitely yummy :) made my boys happy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wanted to let you know that we had this last night and it was delicious, and my husband, who made it, said it was not too hard to make. We are definitely adding this to our regular menu.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Just made this spur of the moment and it was super easy. You are right. It looks, smells and tates JUST like the Olive Garden. Pinned this one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I used to work at the Olive garden and they took us in the kitchen for training and showed us how some different things were made and Alfredo was one of them. They did not put cream cheese in it. Just butter, garlic, cream, parmesan cheese and salt

    ReplyDelete
  19. This was amazing! Exactly like Olive Garden, though I think the cream cheese made it thicker, which is fine by me. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It gave me great quinces, and the recipe that I am not happy, I am very grabs! thank you in advance
    I board a good recipe already dealt a site like this http://le-couscous-marocain.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry your blog is broken. But you've given excellent instructions. I found this recipe through them. Thank you. I'll come back.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Just made this sauce with truffle ricotta ravioli - SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This looks delish! If I wanted to make half of the amount would you recommend cutting every ingredient in half?

    Have you viewed Seattle SEO

    ReplyDelete
  24. alfredo sauce

    Everything Delicious To Your Favorite Dish - Get an all delicious recipe for pasta salad, dinner recipes, instant pot rice, alfredo sauce, and banana bread, Everything Delicious To Your Favorite Dish.

    to get more - https://www.befood.net//

    ReplyDelete
  25. alfredo sauce - Everything Delicious To Your Favorite Dish - Get an all delicious recipe for pasta salad, dinner recipes, instant pot rice, alfredo sauce, and banana bread, Everything Delicious To Your Favorite Dish.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have visited this recipe 100 times over 5 years I love it! I always remember “Mom’s crazy cooking”! Thanks for the recipe Mom!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...