background

Friday, September 7, 2012

Homemade Ranch Salad Dressing/Dip {CRAZY COOKING CHALLENGE #13}

Welcome to the all NEW and IMPROVED - CRAZY COOKING CHALLENGE

Each month for the past year we have had a group of awesome people blog together, the same themed item (main dish or dessert) at the same time. We would posted and link together at this awesome linky party and no one wanted to see this linky party end (including me). So, we are going to continue the tradition for another year and let the linky party be open to ALL who want to join. I have streamlined many of the rules, no more signing up, no emails for me to send out and no more making sure you email me your URL to link you up. It's taken us a few months to get where we are today, but I hope everyone will join and play along. Please help us in searching out for the ULTIMATE theme recipe, I will still be show casing the most popular recipe one week after the linky party goes live.

Photobucket

For those of you who have already participated this past year, you know how this is done, check out the NEW & IMPROVED information here. If you are new here come on over and check out how to jump on board this wild and crazy, CRAZY COOKING CHALLENGE. You can read all the details and get all the codes for you to link up, join in and get this great linky party added to your CRAZY COOKING CHALLENGE post.

For the first month we will all be making RANCH DRESSING (OR RANCH DIP). Everyone who wishes to join in, all you did to do is add the CRAZY COOKING CHALLENGE BUTTON (grab the code above) and make sure your Ranch Dip includes the BLOG HOP Linky Party (code is below the linky party, click on BLOG HOP CODE). We hope you join us in this CRAZY COOKING CHALLENGE....

Just an FYI - CRAZY COOKING CHALLENGE is always on the 7th of every month and will post at MIDNIGHT. Here is a SNEAK PEAK for the next couple of months, so everyone can think ahead and be prepared for the themes.

September 7, 2012 - RANCH DRESSING /RANCH DIP
October 7, 2012 - APPLE PIE
November 7, 2012 - STUFFING Recipes
December 7, 2012 - PERFECT SUGAR COOKIE


This is our FAVORITE homemade ranch dressing, to date. And we've made alot of ranch dressings. We use Ranch dressing or dip with just about everything you can imagine (and some you might not want to imagine). It's one of those things we put Ranch on top of our Ranch. What would the world be without Ranch Dip? What on earth would I dip my pizza in? And my daughter dip her french fries in and my son his chicken nuggets? The list just goes on and on. Life is just BETTER with Ranch!

Homemade Ranch Dressing/Dip
found over at Smells Like Home, originally came from The Gourmet Cookbook, 2004

3/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/4 to 1 cup buttermilk
small bunch of chives, roughly chopped
small handful of parsley
1 clove garlic
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper

Place all ingredients with 1/4 cup of buttermilk in a blender and blend for 10 seconds. Check consistency and blend in additional buttermilk if desired. Less buttermilk for dipping or pizza dipping sauce or more buttermilk for salad dressing. Store in an air-tight jar in the fridge.


I made a great presentation at my daughters' graduation party with this dip and a vegetable tray. This idea of course was found on Pinterest and came from Eddie Ross. I filled mine a little too much, but all in all it still worked out great, especially for a large party when you begin to run out of nice glass bowls or you just want a very cool presentation for the veggie tray. This bowl was a cinch to clean up too (it all just went straight to the garage after a 12 hour party).


11 comments :

  1. Looks delicious! I can't tell you how excited I was to hear that you were hosting another year - I totally missed out last time! Thanks for taking it on again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for hosting, Tina! I'm so excited to be a part of this Crazy Cooking Challenge as it goes into it's second year. Your dressing/dip looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting, Tina! I'd never made Ranch until yesterday...loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ranch is our absolutel favorite condiment! Can't wait to see all the recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tina, I'm so happy you brought back CCC in a new & easy version. Ranch dressing was an easy way to start. I haven't made Ranch in a while so this was fun to make again. It's a great way to get the kids to eat more veggies.

    Thanks so much for hosting.
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like one yummy veggie platter! I'll be back next month for Apple Pie, SO excited you decided to continue the CRAZY COOKING CHALLENGE!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm looks delicious! I'm so glad you decided to keep this challenge going. Love it! Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this! My DH is allergic to msg, which makes it tough to find a ranch dip or dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hosting! I'm so glad that the Crazy Cooking Challenge is back. This dip looks fantastic and I love how you served it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Someone asked me this question over the weekend and I must have really raised an eyebrow or something, because the person went on to Free Shipping Yacon Syrup UK say she really just wanted to have the BEST wedding possible and how do you go about getting it?Someone asked me this question over the weekend and I must have really raised an eyebrow or something,because the person went on to say she really just wanted to have the BEST wedding possible and how do you go about getting it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...