background

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Slow Cooker Orange Chicken


Here is a recipe, I MUST master! My son's favorite take-out food, Orange-Chicken! Here is my first try and it was delicious. But if you know me, I won't stop at just one recipe. I will try several, so get ready for a few more Orange-Chicken recipes in the near future.


Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
found at Six Sisters Stuff

4 to 6 boneless chicken breasts, chopped into small chunks
1/3 cup flour
olive oil
1/2 tbsp salt
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp ketchup
6 oz frozen orange juice concentrate (thaw or throw it in the microwave for 45 seconds)
4 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 tsp ginger
1 tsp red pepper flakes


In a bowl, mix the salt, balsamic vinegar, ketchup, orange juice, brown sugar, ginger and red pepper flakes. Pour the flour in a small bowl. Cover the chicken breast chunks in flour and shake off the excess.

Pour a small amount of olive oil in a skillet and brown the flour-covered chicken. The chicken doesn't need to be fully cooked since it's going in the crock pot. After the chicken is done cooking, pour the pieces into the crock pot. Then cover the chicken with your sauce mixture and give the pot a stir.

Cook on low for 5-6 hours or on high for 2-3. (mine took a little less time then this, my crock-pot is hot) Serve over rice and even add veggies if you want a healthier meal.


4 comments :

  1. I have been trying to "master" this recipe too. I've made several and they've been good but not QUITE what I have been looking for! This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting!! Cannot wait to try this recipe! This dish is also my son's favorite. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fantastic! I love orange chicken and in a crockpot, even better!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...