background

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Strawberry Lemonade (with or without Vodka)

This is the BEST Strawberry Lemonade we've ever tasted!
Hands down, no restaurant lemonade even compares. This is SO GOOD!


Yep, the glass on the left is JUST Lemonade and the glass on the right in spiked with Vodka. They are BOTH equally delicious (and I had to test this out for my blog, on a Monday afternoon while sitting in my pj's with my kids). I guess anytime is a good time for a nice drink (and I rarely drink, so it's was pretty funny).


It was a day off of school and my son was going crazy. He said "mom, can't we make something", which is a pretty rare thing these days. So, I said "come on over and let's check out Pinterest", so we did and it was GREAT! He was like WOW-WOW-WOW as soon as he tasted the lemonade. That's when you know it's a winner. Plus, I think his own pride in making this himself made it taste even that much better.

Strawberry Lemonade
found on LiveLovePasta; originally from My Baking Addiction

1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 pint fresh strawberries (approx 15)
1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 6)
4 - 6 cups cold water
vodka, optional (add 1/2 to 1 full shot per glass of lemonade)

Make the syrup by combining 1 cup sugar with 1 cup of water in a saucepan. Place over medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved; stirring occasionally, and then letting it cool. Once the syrup has cooled, puree the strawberries in a food processor with 1/2 cup of water.

In a large pitcher, combine 2 to 3 cups of ice, the strawberry puree, cooled syrup and lemon juice. Add 4 to 6 cups of cold water. The amount of water you use will depend how strong, tart or sweet you like it.

7 comments :

  1. Great information you share I really like it so much, a very much need in my research and studies. Thanks for sharing this post. I will recommend this post to Culinary Schools

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum - I make my lemonade that way but ah, to add strawberries and vodka - over the top! I just love pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tina, I just joined your blog. I have a blog too. I blog about colonial and primitive decorations and I have a shop too, My passion is cooking and baking from stratch.
    I have been sick and I am all done my treatments and I am cooking and baking again and it feels great.
    I told my husband that I am going to post a few recipes on my blog at least once a week.
    I hope you will join my blog and I will be posting a few recipes this weekend.
    Thanks for a wonderful blog.
    I am glad I found you and I am a follower!!!

    Happy Cooking and Baking,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this!!!! I am having my girlfriends over and wanted something fun ...this is it!!! thank you! I am going with the full shot.
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina...does the 1/2 cup of water to purée the strawberries come from the 4-6 cups of water or is it some of the simple syrup or just a totally additional 1/2 cup that's not on the ingredient list? Looks yummy. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would also like to make this ahead...do you add the ice? Also, does anyone know if the 1/2 cup of water to purée the strawberries comes fro the simple syrup or the 4-6 cups of water or is a totally separate amt. of water not included in ingredients?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...