background

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Frozen Breakfast Sandwich

My girls are always on the go, coming and going and barely leaving time to get them selves ready. Now don't get me wrong, they are CUTE and can turn some heads, but let me tell you this is their Senior Year of High School and sweatshirts with jeans is the norm and since they shower at night, they get up about 12 minutes before they have to run out the door. Needless to say breakfast in our house has to be quick and fast and something I can just hand them on the way out the door. They are in LOVE with the Frozen Breakfast Burritos I've already posted and so I decided to give this recipe a try. Although this is not a quick throw in the microwave meal, it is still easy to eat on the go.


Frozen Breakfast Sandwich
recipe found at Macheesmo

1 dozen eggs
salt & pepper to taste
12 english muffins (white, wheat or even gluten free)
12 slices of your favorite cheese (Kraft singles work well)
12 slices of canadian bacon or ham

Preheat oven to 350. Prepare a muffin tin with cooking spray or I find using the silicone muffin tins works even better. Crack an egg into each muffin tin, it's your choice to break the yolk or leave it in the middle to bake. My girls like it broke, the pictures above show both ways. Sprinkle with salt, pepper or your favorite seasoning, we like Grandma's Salt. Bake the eggs in the oven for about 10-15 minutes.

Next seperate all of your english muffins and lay them on a cookie sheet. Toast them up in the oven for about 10 minutes. You can do this on the bottom shelf of the oven so it's all cooking at the same time.

It's time to assemble, to make the sandwich you need 2 slices of English Muffin, 1 egg, 1 slice of cheese and 1 slice of meat. Put it all toegther and then lay flat on a cookie sheet to freeze. I like to freeze these for about an hour, this will let all the moisture out and get them ready to wrap in foil.

After about and hour or so, take them all out and they are ready to wrap up in foil. I individually wrap each one and then store all of them in a ziploc bag.

Now when you are ready to eat. These do NOT work well in a microwave. They taste okay and it's hard to get them heated all the way through and they get a little soft. But the oven works wonderful. Preheat the oven to 350 and then cook for about 25 minutes.


5 comments :

  1. This is such an awesome idea! I try to make almost anything homemade that I can, and I need to get more in the habit of freezing foods so I can have a wholesome meal in a pinch. Thanks for sharing Tina! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fantastic idea. These would work so well for my boyfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look very very very good and your girls are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What if you took them out the freezer the night before and let them thaw by themselves? Reason i ask is I would like to premake for my kids as well but they don't have an oven or microwave available.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...