background

Monday, May 21, 2012

Creamy Noodles: SECRET RECIPE CLUB

SECRET RECIPE CLUB
Creamy Noodles

It's time for the Secret Recipe Club; Group C! This is my 13th post for the Secret Recipe Club and I am still having a great time. Each and every month I look forward to receiving my assignment and reading through the blog cover to cover (if possible).

Secret Recipe Club

When I am sent my blog assignment, I always jump right over and check it out. Of course, I start pinning everything that I would LOVE to make. I saw many great recipes on this blog (and yes I pinned them all). So, even though I am only making one here today to feature I am sure I will be making a few more in the months to come. My secret blog this month is Kate's Kitchen.


We paired up these noodles with my favorite chicken recipe of all time.


Creamy Noodles
recipe adapted by me, found over at Kate's Kitchen,
originally from Gooseberry Patch 5-ingredient Family Favorites

8 oz package noodles (any shape)
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup half and half (or evaporated milk)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano Cheese
2-1/2 tsp dry salad dressing mix (original recipe was for Italian, but we used Ranch)

Cook noodles according to package directions, then drain. (reserve about 1/4 cup of the hot cooking water). Melt butter in a saucepan, until melted. Add in the dry dressing and mix well. Pour the noodles back into their cooking pan and add a few tbsp of the hot water to help them not stick together.  Add in the butter sauce, then the cheese and lastly the half and half. Stir together and serve hot. A simple yet delicious way to serve buttered noodles.


Here is a list of my past Secret Recipe Club recipes:

14 comments :

  1. Your pasta sounds wonderful! I love the addition of ranch seasoning in it. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tina!! Your pasta look absolutely lovely and delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed the noodles :-) I'd forgotten all about this recipe and how super easy it is. If my hubby liked ranch I'd try the change but I'm afraid I'd have to eat them all by myself. Now, wait, maybe it is a good idea to try them with ranch...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your noodles sound delicious. I think the ranch addition is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for making these!!! My kids are going to love them. I'll tell you they have you to thank. So glad to be in the SRC club and to meet great foodie bloggers like you!

    Lots of yummy love,
    Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pasta pick. Interesting that you added ranch dressing. That brings it to a whole new level.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Noodles are always a hit. These look delicious. Great SRC pick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds so simple and delicious!! Interesting to add the package of salad dressing for flavour - I never would have thought of that. Great choice for SRC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicious, good choice dear !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy! What a great choice, I can see this being a recipe we'll be pulling out often C:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum. love noodles....and creamy noodles are even better

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucky #13 for you. Love Kate's Kitchen and this was a great pick for SRC. It is nice to see some savory food after all the sweets that get posted!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very nice recipe, food looks good on the photos.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...