background

Monday, November 14, 2011

Pink Pearl Applesauce (crock-pot): SECRET RECIPE CLUB

SECRET RECIPE CLUB
Pink Pearl Applesauce

Today is Group B: Secret Recipe Club reveal. And I am the fearless-host of Group B and YES I LOVE IT!!! Thanksgiving is just around the corner and I hope that we see lots of ideas that we can use for this upcoming feast, I made this scrumptious applesauce that is PERFECT for Thanksgiving. If you haven't heard of the Secret Recipe Club or you'd like more information click on over and read all about it, there may be a little waiting list, but feel free to sign up anyway.

Secret Recipe Club

When I found out who my assigned blog was, I clicked right on over. (I don't assign the blogs, so my new blog each month is still a secret to me). I was assigned Fifteen Spatulas and I just have to say her blog is A-MAZ-ING and everything, I mean everything looks so SCRUMPTIOUS! You should see all the recipes I've pinned on Pinterest, I hope to make ALL OF THEM, sooner rather then later. But first, it will be the Caprese Pasta Salad, followed by Ooey Gooey Rocky Road Cookies(maybe even both the same night)

The recipe that made the post today is Pink Lady Applesauce (I had a handful of Pink Pearl apples from apple picking and I knew they would make great applesauce)! This recipe was perfect. I changed the recipe from Pink Lady to Pink Pearl and from stove-top to crock-pot plus took out the cardamon (only because I didn't have any on hand). This is the second applesauce crock-pot recipe I've made (click here to see the first) and I like BOTH! Yes, both of them are equally delicious and both of them are very different too. One sweet, one more tart. One cinnamon'y and one not so much! So, you can bet in the near future I will be making BOTH of my applesauce crock-pot recipes I've discovered.

Yes, Pink Pearl Apples REALLY are pink inside (see photo)! This apple cutter makes cutting all these apples so easy!
And yes you are seeing a BAG in my crock-pot, they sell them at Target or local grocery store and I LOVE THEM!
Pink Pearl Applesauce (crock-pot)
adapted from Fifteen Spatulas
We also freeze individual servings for later.
They go great in the kids lunches frozen and then by lunch
time they are ready to eat cold Homemade Applesauce

6 or more Pink Pearl Apples
1/2 cup water
3 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
dash of nutmeg
dash of ginger
dash of cloves

Peel your apples, core them, and cut them in into small chunks. I love using my slicer and then just peeling them. Place the apple chunks into crock-pot with the water, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours. When the apples are soft enough to mash, mash to your liking. Chunky or Silky Smooth. That's it! Transfer to individual servings or to a big bowl and cool in the refrigerator.


Here are a list of my past Secret Recipe Club recipes:


22 comments :

  1. I didn't have good luck the first time I made apple sauce on the stove so I think it's time to give the slow cooker method a try!

    Thanks, fearless leader! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using my slow cooker for apple sauce and for making apple butter. I have got to try this version. Those apples are beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, the warmth of these spices sure make the applesauce sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those apples are so cool looking! And your applesauce looks wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks delicious! I never thought to use the crock pot for applesauce before; I hope I remember next fall during apple season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. MMM sounds like a really good idea. I love applesauce and still have yet to make it homemade. Those apples are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So - those are the prettiest apples I've ever seen. I have no idea where to find them around here, but I'm on a hunt!
    This applesauce recipe is AWESOME. I love that you use the bags for your crockpot, and of course as usual - your recipes are always the best! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks great. I always make my applesauce in the crock pot and when I buy sweet apples all I need to add is cinnamon. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY!!! I'm so glad you like the recipe Tina! By the way, those pink pearl apples are AMAZING!!!! I've never seen an apple like that...they are absolutely beautiful!

    PS the ooey gooey rocky road cookies are insanely good...eat them straight out of the oven! They're those kinds of cookies =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Tina,
    This applesauce looks so delicious, we would just love it. This is a great pick for the SRC! Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful week.
    Miz Helen
    #3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never heard of Pink Pearl apple. It's gorgeous!

    If you haven't already, I'd love it if you'd check out my SRC recipe for Crockpot Apple-Cinnamon Oatmeal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love crock-pot applesauce. It not only tastes delicious but makes the house smell good too! I've never heard of pink pearl apples but now I'm curious :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have an obsession with homemade applesauce. And now I'm on a quest to find those beautiful pink pearl apples!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those apples are gorgeous and I love that you made the recipe in the crock pot, so easy.

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my group 'A' SRC recipe this month: Pork Belly Soup with Collard Greens.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea, making this applesauce in a crockpot - haven't seen Pink Pearl Apples around before, but will have to keep my eyes peeled.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for running our group and making sure things go smoothly, Tina. Your help and attention to detail is a gift.

    The applesauce looks great. Love a good crock pot recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been on an applesauce kick all summer. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Also I forgot to say thank you for all the nice things you said about my blog!!! Made my day =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never seen such beautiful apples before, and they're pink inside too, my favorite color! When we have too many leftover apples, they get turned into applesauce so I'll be giving this recipe a try. Btw, I've had the same apple cutter as yours for the past 13 years and I'm totally in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've never seen this kind of apple before either. I learn something new every time I participate in SRC.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just made a canned a lot of apple sauce. It's so easy to do, and I use it for a lot of recipes. This is my first month participating in the SRC, and it has been fun blog hopping and pinning my own set of recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have never seen pink fleshed apples before. What a fun variety! This recipe sounds so simple and so delicious. What a great way to utilize your crock pot!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...