background

Monday, December 12, 2011

Cake Mix Cinnamon Chip Brownies: SECRET RECIPE CLUB

SECRET RECIPE CLUB
Cake Mix Cinnamon Chip Brownies
Today is Group B: Secret Recipe Club reveal day. I am doing a blog this month that I have actually run into in the past which is always alot of fun, please hop on over Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. If you haven't heard of the Secret Recipe Club or you'd like more information click on over and read all about it, there may be a little waiting list, but feel free to sign up anyway.

Secret Recipe Club

I always click right on over to my assigned blog Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker and pick out a handful of things I'd LOVE to make, this month was no different. I choice a few things...and PINNED them of course, but when it came time to pick what I was going to make I finally choose the Cake Mix Brownies, only I substituted the Peanut Butter Chips for Cinnamon Chips. I bought these Cinnamon Chips in Oregon over Thanksgiving and I've been racking my brain trying to figure out what to make with them and this recipe was PER-FECT!!!

Cake Mix Cinnamon Chip Brownies
adapted from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker

1 chocolate cake mix
3 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 package cinnamon chips (original recipe called for peanut butter chips)

Stir the cake mix, eggs and oil together. Add the oatmeal and chips. Spread batter into a greased 9x13 pan and bake for 25 minutes in a 350 degree oven.
Here are a list of my past Secret Recipe Club recipes:


15 comments :

  1. Oh these look so super yummy Tina!! Love the Cinnamon Chips!I bet that tastes so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Tina,
    This is a great way to start the day with the SRC! Your Cinnamon Brownies look awesome, thanks for hosting us and have a great day.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, love the chocolate & cinnamon combo! Thanks for hosting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look delicious! I love those cinnamon chips!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds delicious. Thanks again for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both your recipes look yummy. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome recipe pick - I love the fact that these brownies contain oatmeal!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  8. This time of year, it's nice to use an easy recipe for a challenge like SRC. Glad you liked the brownies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmm, what's better than cinnamon with chocolate. I haven't been able to find cinnamon chips where I live... I may have to import them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! What a great idea. Love the dressing up of a mix - I have to try this with a gluten free one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. great way to use those cinnamon chips! those brownies look perfect! Nice SRC post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tina, the brownies look great!!! Thanks for hosting yet another month of SRC for us @ group B!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was wondering what cinnamon chips were - this is an ingredient I have never come across before :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...