background

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Better Then {Anything} Cake

This cake is a famous cake, which I am sure many of you have heard of before {Better Then Sex Cake}. I've had it many times myself at a Bed and Breakfast in Big Bear, but have never really tried to make it myself. I came across this cake on Pinterest over and over again and thought, I need to try this out. With kids in my house, posting on facebook for youngin's to look at, I felt that a new name for this cake would better suit my family. I came across a different name {Better then Anything Cake} I liked this name better and more appropriate for a food item and thus this is what we call this OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD delicious cake. I will be making this again this week for my husband's work.


Better Than {Anything} Cake
adapted by me, recipe found on Barefoot and Baking

1 box chocolate cake mix (plus ingredients it calls for on the back of the box)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 jar hot fudge sauce or 1 jar of caramel sauce
1 (8 oz) container of cool whip
4 Heath Bars, Skor Bars or 1 pkg of Andes Toffee Crunch Candies, crushed

Make and bake cake according to box directions in a 9x13 in pan. As soon as it comes out of the oven, poke holes with the handle of a wooden spoon all over the cake. Pour sweetened condensed milk over the top. Let cool completely. Next spread fudge over the cake, and put in the refrigerator to set. When it is cool, spread cool whip over the top and then top with crushed candy. Serve after the cake has been refrigerated and cooled. Some people like this cake better the next day as the cake gets more moist, and make sure to refrigerate leftovers.

4 comments :

  1. that definitely does look better than anything! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No calories there....Lol yumm! I am your newest follower. I hope you come and visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very yummy treat! you sure are one crazy cook! thanks :)

    try applying for Cooking Schools.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...