background

Monday, June 4, 2012

Cake Batter Monkey Bread {TWC Linky Party #84 - Breakfast Breads}

THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS Linky Party #84
(BREAKFAST Breads: Donuts - Muffins - Coffee Cakes)

I promise, I am still alive. It's been a WHOLE week since I posted last. Crazy for ME, I know. I can't really say I've been too busy, just lazy!!! But, I am also planning a HUGE Graduation Party for my twins! OH MY, I can't believe they are finished with school in 2 days, YES, 2 days. They graduate on Friday and the BIG Celebration party is Saturday. We are so excited (no tears yet). I am just SO SO excited about this new adventure for them, it's too hard to be sad (I think I will just cry LATER after they move to Missouri for college, until then it's HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!!!).

But today, we are sharing Breakfast Breads in our Linky Party, everyone loves a good muffins, a savory bread or just a good old fashion coffee cake. I am sharing a delicious new money bread recipe. Which ALL of my kids enjoyed and would love to have again and again. That's when I know it's a good recipe, yes this will be in my next family cookbook.
Could we really make Monkey Bread even better? I have my favorite Monkey Bread recipe and I really never thought another recipe would even compare, well I have found it's match. Cake Batter Monkey Bread or as my son calls this "A Cupcake on Steroids". Don't get me wrong he LOVED it, but it does taste like a cupcake, and it's AWESOME!!!

Cupcakes for breakfast, why not! LIVE-A-LITTLE


Cake Batter Monkey Bread
recipe found at Chef-in-Training, originally from Pillsbury

1 can refrigerated biscuits
1 cup dry cake mix (funfetti is nice, but plain vanilla or whatever kind you have on hand)
3 tbsp brown sugar
4 tbsp butter, melted
1/2 tsp vanilla
Vanilla Frosting
Sprinkles (add some to the batter too if you are not using funfetti)

Preheat oven to 375. Spray muffin tin generously with cooking spray or use cupcake wrappers. We used the JUMBO muffin tins and they were wonderful, plenty for each person to enjoy.
Melt the butter in a small bowl and add the vanilla; mix well and set aside. In another small bowl, combine the cake mix and brown sugar. Cut each biscuit into four pieces.

Dip pieces in the butter/vanilla mixture, coating completely. Using a fork, remove from the butter mixture and coat thoroughly in the cake mix mixture. Place four coated pieces into each muffin tin (for a regular size muffin tin) or place about 6 pieces each in the jumbo muffin tins. Repeat until all tins are full.

Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes or until lightly golden and centers appear set. Allow to cool in pan for about 5 minutes before gently removing them. Place a dollop of frosting on the tops of the still-warm muffins and top with sprinkles.


This week's theme is: BREAKFAST BREADS (Donuts - Muffins - Coffee Cakes)
Please only link recipes with our theme!

If you are a regular to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS Linky party, then link-up we're excited to see what you made this week. If you are new, please just follow our simple rules, so that everyone can enjoy the linky party! If you forget to follow the theme, your post will be deleted. Please don't feel hurt, just come back and link up a recipe that follows the theme. Thanks a million, we look forward to blogging with you!



Please Grab Our Button!!!

This Week's Cravings Upcoming Linky "THEMES"
Here is a complete list of the past and what's coming up next on THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS!
June 11 - MAN'ly Meals for Father's Day

June 18 - International Foods

June 25 - Summer Berry Recipes (anything with berries)

July 2 - July 4th Celebration (ONLY Red, White & Blue Food)
Your hostess for this party are: Tina from MOMS CRAZY COOKING, Nicole from The Daily Dish and Kristi from Veggie Converter. We host this theme linky party every Monday (and the party stays open all week long)! We hope to inspire you to make something with our theme or get an old post notice by linking it up to the linky party below. 
The LINKY PARTY is opened ALL Week!

PLEASE do not link more then 3 recipes per week.

This week's theme is:
Breakfast Breads (Donuts - Muffins - Coffee Cakes)
Please only link recipes with our them!

5 comments :

  1. Are you serious? This looks so yummy! haha I love that it's like eating a cupcake for breakfast. I'm pretty sure my kids will vote me mom of the year when I make it for them! Thanks for a great recipe Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had cake-batter bread and it looks wonderful!
    Thanks for hosting this great party

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and I love it! Lots of great ideas here. I will have fun visiting your blog party, too!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum! My kids would love these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my gosh that looks OUTRAGEOUS!! i am drooling all over my keyboard! haha thanks for sharing! love your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...