background

Monday, August 27, 2012

Banana Crunch Muffins {TWC Linky Party #96 - Everything BANANAS}

It's a BANANA kind of day! Today is the weekly LINKY PARTY (yes I am a few hours late, but better late then never). I just returned from a 16-day road trip yesterday (dropping my girls off at college 1837 miles away) and my son started 8th grade TODAY! Needless to say, I've been BUSY!  But, please come share with us your favorite BANANA recipes. We recently made these banana muffins and they were wonderful. I still have a few left in the freezer that are calling my name. What have you made lately with BANANAS, we'd love for you to share a few recipes with us?

This is one of my "adpoted" sons, making banana muffins with us. I will have alot of visits from all my adpoted kids while my twins are away at college, so don't be surprised if you see lots of different kids faces around here.

Banana Crunch Muffins
found on Wives with Knives, originally from The Barefoot Contessa

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 pound unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 eggs
3/4 cups whole milk
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup mashed banana (2 bananas)
1 cup medium-diced ripe banana (1 banana)
1 cup chopped nuts
1 cup granola
1 cup sweetened coconut

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Line 18 large muffin cups with paper liners. Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Add the melted butter and blend. Combine the eggs, milk, vanilla and mashed bananas and add them to the flour and butter mixture. Scrape the bowl and blend well. Don’t over mix.

Fold the diced bananas, nuts, granola, and coconut into the batter. Spoon the batter into the paper liners, filling each to the top. Top each muffin with some chopped nuts or dried banana chips, if desired. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the tops are brown and a toothpick comes out clean. Cool slightly and serve.



This week's theme is: BANANAS
Please only link recipes with our theme!

If you are a regular to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS Linky party, then link-up we're excited to see what you made this week. If you are new, please just follow our simple rules, so that everyone can enjoy the linky party! If you forget to follow the theme, your post will be deleted. Please don't feel hurt, just come back and link up a recipe that follows the theme. Thanks a million, we look forward to blogging with you!



Please Grab Our Button!!!

This Week's Cravings Upcoming Linky "THEMES"
Here is a complete list of the past and what's coming up next on THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS!
September 3 - Chicken Recipes

September 10 - Back to School RUSH (30 minute meals)

September 17 - BACON (everyone loves bacon)

Your hostess for this party are: Tina from MOMS CRAZY COOKING, Nicole from The Daily Dish and Kristi from Veggie Converter. We host this theme linky party every Monday (and the party stays open all week long)! We hope to inspire you to make something with our theme or get an old post notice by linking it up to the linky party below. 
The LINKY PARTY is opened ALL Week!

PLEASE do not link more then 3 recipes per week.

This week's theme is: BANANA "everything"
Please only link recipes with our theme!





7 comments :

  1. I'm sorry about the 1st recipe Easy Cheesy Mac & Cheese, I didn't read about the theme first, but I also linked Banana Pudding with Vanilla Wafer Crumble. Thank for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also linked Banana Oatmeal Cookies: 4 Ways

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI! I am sharing Alex's Nilla Wafer Cupcakes today! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of my girls are off at college and I miss the help and company in the kitchen. I love that yours have friends nearby that still come around to visit. Your crunchy topped muffins look great. The addition of dried bananas is a wonderful idea! Thanks for hosting this linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your banana crunch muffins! So great that your son loves baking with you. I love when my kids help me bake and cook! I have linked up my Banana Chocolate Nut Bread! Happy Saturday!Nettie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...