background

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Peanut Butter Krispies

These are my step-sons all time favorite favorite dessert. This dessert was found so many years ago, I can't even tell you it's original origin (sorry), but I do know my step-son would love if I mailed him a box of these every week. I may just have to surprise him one day and ship off a box from California to Texas, the next time I am in the baking mood. I did however make an entire double batch for his 21st birthday in May (I know I am just NOW finally posting about this, LIFE IS BUSY!).

I have made these several times (as you can see). First photo was yellow and black chocolate with colored chocolate drizzle for my daughters graduation party, second batch for my step-son's 21st birthday celebration in Las Vegas and the last batch was just for fun! That picture was taken a few years ago when we first discovered this awesome recipe!

We drove from California to Las Vegas, Nevada and he flew there from Plano, Texas. We had a great time celebrating and hanging out with him, just my husband and I. We ate lots of delicious food, tried a few fun new drinks with the newbie and enjoyed downtown, the strip and the Blue Man Group which was a very good show. Kids grow up way to fast, I tell ya! And I am feeling WAY TO OLD to have a 21 year old step-son, two almost 19 year old twin daughters leaving for college in 24 days, and my little man who is now 13 years old! OH MY!


Peanut Butter Krispies
original source unknown

2 cups Rice Krispy Cereal
18 oz (approx 2-1/4 cups) Peanut Butter (we like to use crunchy)
1-1/2 cups Powered Sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
Milk or White Chocolate Melts (or any kind of chocolate melts)
extra toppings (peanuts, white chocolate or chocolate mixed with peanut butter)

Mix all ingredients together (this is best done with gloves). Once all mixture is completely mixed, roll into balls or use a melon scoop to make into small round balls. Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 40 second increments, until melted. Krispy balls can then be dipped into the melted chocolate and set onto wax paper to dry. Depending on what kind of topping you'd like you may need to add the topping now while the chocolate is still wet (ie crushed peanuts or sprinkles of any kind). If you want to drizzle with peanut butter chocolate, mix 1 tbsp peanut butter with 1/2 cup or more of white chocolate until desired consistency, you need to be able to drizzle. Or if you want just a plain colored chocolate, melt and drizzle.



Here was the awesome candy bar I made for my twins high school graduation party, complete with Peanut Butter Krispies included and my adorable little nephew who couldn't keep his hands off the candy bar. Gotta Love 'em, so dang CUTE! I will be posting all the recipes we made just as soon as I possibly can, but the count down is here and now, 24 days until our 3 week driving vacation to take my girls from California to Missouri via our motorhome. AH, the days are going by so fast.



7 comments :

  1. those look great! I wonder what the calorie count is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you get those cute swirl suckers! You did such an awesome job with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get those cute swirl suckers! You did such an awesome job with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - these sound amazing - and so...... pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make this sound simple and they look super yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...