background

Monday, July 23, 2012

Brownie Trifle {SECRET RECIPE CLUB}


It's almost time for my 3-week Family Vacation & Road trip to drive my twin daughters from California (where we live) to Missouri (where they will be going to college for the next 4 years). WOW! That seems like a long time when you say it out loud. I know there are crazy emotions running wild and although a tear or two will be shed, I am SO excited for them and SO thrilled that they get this amazing opportunity. I can't wait to see what God has planned for their young adult lives. And plus I already warned them that I will be visiting once a month.

I can't believe Secret Recipe Club; Group C is already here again, it seems like just yesterday when I wrote last month's post. This is my 15th post for the Secret Recipe Club and I love searching through my secret blog for a recipe. You should see the 10 plus recipes I picked out from this blogger, and YES they were ALL chocolate or sweet related. And YES, I am sure I will be making all 10 of them at some time or another. 
Secret Recipe Club

When I am sent my blog assignment, I always jump right over and check it out. Of course, I start pinning everything that I would LOVE to make. My secret blog this month is Hugs and Cookies XOXO. You should see all the AMAZING sweet things she makes, here are just a few on my to-do list Homemade Peanut Butter Twix, Reese's Peanut Butter Cupcakes, and for my daughter GLUTEN-FREE Marshmallow Toffee White Chocolate Cookies, WOW! WOW! I will be making two of these this week I know, for sure! But, let's get onto the recipe I did make for today (please ignore the Christmas bell shaped Reese's I bought for half-price and still had in my cupboard). 

Although I LOVE LOVE Rolo's (which the original recipe called for), my kids LOVE LOVE Peanut Butter (and I am thrifty and like to use stuff I have on-hand) and I love taking pre-made mixes and turning them into a homemade dessert the original recipe called for Homemade Caramel, Homemade Whipping Cream and Homemade Brownies, and in my next life I would LOVE to make it all from scratch, but this time I totally cheated, I hope you all don't mind. It still tasted FANTASTIC Out-of-This World Delicious!

Peanut Butter Brownie Trifle
I adapted this recipe to add in our favorite Peanut Butter EVERYTHING!
original recipe found at Hugs and Cookies XOXO

1 fudge brownie mix; bake as directed
2 packages (13 oz) peanut butter cups
2 packages (5.1 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix; make as directed on pkg with milk
1 cup peanut butter
4 tsp vanilla extract
3 cartons (8 oz) Cool Whip topping, thawed

Prepare brownie batter according to package directions; (stir in peanut butter chips or chocolate chips if desired or buy the brownie mix with chocolate chunks). Bake in a greased baking pan according to directions on package. (do not overbake). Cool on a wire rack; cut into small pieces.

Cut peanut butter cups in half; set aside 1/3 cup for garnish. In a large bowl, make pudding according to package. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Add peanut butter and vanilla; mix well. Fold in 1-1/2 cartons Cool Whip topping. (Instead of using plain Cool Whip we wanted to make it more Peanut Butter'y)

Place a third of the brownies in a 5-qt. glass bowl; top with a third of the remaining peanut butter cups. Spoon a third of the Cool Whip pudding mixture over the top. Repeat layers twice. Cover with remaining whipped topping; garnish with reserved peanut butter cups. Refrigerate until chilled.






Here is a list of my past Secret Recipe Club recipes:

17 comments :

  1. Lucky you getting Danielle's blog!!! Rolo and PB fans will find all sorts of delectable treats...and you picked one of so many winners! I need to try this~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...this looks amazing Tina! I love PB and chocolate together, so this dessert looks so tempting to me. Great SRC pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pretty much looks like the most delicous thing ever, sa I am a huge fan of both brownies and peanut butter, and in a trifle, even better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super YUM! That looks decadent! A little bit of heaven right on earth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just made a brownie trifle this weekend too, without the PB. We had a kids with a peanut allergy otherwise I totally would have made it similar to yours. Next time for sure, this looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so glad u liked it and were able to use some shortcuts!!!! yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This look amazing Tina, really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy moly, another one for the 'death by chocolate' list. Plus the peanut butter. Some things in life just take you to that happy edge of existence.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got XOXO for SRC once and made the fabulous oreo brownies but I too had a hard time deciding. Looks like a great choice to me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum amazing! My husband tries to add PB to everything, too! :) Great SRC pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yum, I'd love to make this with both Rolos AND pb cups! Sounds like a winner. Congrats to your daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your trifle is beautiful and looks so delicious! What a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks great!! And with how busy you always are, no one will judge you for taking a short cut here and there. Its what all of us busy cooks have to do sometimes. :) A lot of the time it tastes just as good too. Awesome pick (as always) for SRC!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...