background

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Shaved Parmesan Chicken & Lemon Creme

I am so excited to belong to the FOOD BUZZ family. If you have not checked Food Buzz, you MUST, I promise you will LOVE it. Many ideas, recipes and the perfect place for a Food Lover to go. You can sign up for free newsletters and such, create an account you can keep all your recipes saved and so many more fun things. So, don't forget to "FRIEND" me (Tina Hudgens) on Food Buzz and get ready to enter a whole new world of food recipes. I just LOVE the Today's Top 9, I look at them each day and come across lots of new blogs to follow.

Onto today's recipe: Yes, we do alot of baking around our house, but every once in a while we do actually need to eat a real dinner. I receive Your Homebased Mom emails everyday and see and read all of her posts and just love love so many things she finds (this blog was the VERY first blog I ever came across). Here is another recipe we found over at her site and of course we had to try it out. WOW, my kids even said WOW! With my 19 year old step-son moving in with us just a few months ago I have another food critic in the house.  So, when he says WOW too, then you know it's good. He caught on real quick as each day he appears from his room to see what I am making for dinner and then as we all sit around eat, vote, comment, discuss and decide if it's a keeper or not, he has strong opinions too. This meal was no different and I was the one who was like (yea it's good, nothing special, it's just chicken), and when ALL 3 of my teenagers were like WOW, I hope you are gonna make this again. I knew right then it was a KEEPER.  So the next time you have some chicken breast that you want to do something different with, I encourage you to give this a try. You will LOVE it and I am sure your family will too!
Shaved Parmesan Chicken & Lemon Creme

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
2 eggs, beaten with a tbsp of water
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup bread crumbs
Fresh mushrooms (we left these out)
1 tbsp capers (we left these out)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 lemons, juiced
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups chicken stock
Salt & pepper
Parmesan cheese, freshly grated (about 1/2 – 1 cup)
2 tbsp Olive oil
6 tbsp Butter, divided

Preheat oven to 350Âș and preheat a large skillet over medium heat with olive oil & butter. If using mushrooms, wash and slice them. Pound each chicken breast until flat and even, about 1/2 inch thick.  Season both sides with salt & pepper.

Grate or shave a generous amount (about 1/2 cup)of the Parmesan with a vegetable peeler or grater and add into the bread crumbs and toss together.  Save some Parmesan for the sauce. Using 3 plates or pie tins fill one with flour, one with beaten egg and one with bread crumbs with shaved Parmesan.  Lightly cover each chicken breast in each; flour first, egg second and bread crumb mixture last.

Place coated chicken breasts into a  preheated skillet with olive oil and melted butter.  Brown 2-3 minutes on both sides.  Remove from skillet and place into casserole dish.  Then place in preheated oven for 20 minutes.  Do not overcook or the chicken will be tough.

Add 2 more Tablespoons of butter and mushrooms into skillet and cook until mushrooms begin to brown.  Add capers and garlic to mixture.  Deglaze the skillet with the chicken stock & lemon juice, scraping the bottom of the pan.  Simmer for 5 minutes.  Add 2 more tbsp butter and the heavy cream. Mix together well and turn to low.  Simmer for 10 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken and will coat the back of a spoon. 

Right before serving sprinkle in some shaved or grated Parmesan and stir till it melts. After removing the chicken from the oven place on a serving platter.  Pour the creme sauce over top and serve.


TWO MORE DAYS TO LINK
to our Blog Party
Thanksgiving Cookies & Treats recipes:

5 comments :

  1. Ok, I realize I didn't actually get to taste it, but just seeing the picture made me say wow! That dish looks so incredibly good. I can almost taste it through my computer!

    Thanks so much for linking up to Family Friendly Fridays and have a wonderful rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just got finished eating this and it was AMAZING!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...it looks luscious! NOM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. shoot...hit publish before I was done typing,LOL...I hate that. I think is definitely going on my must-try list...it has my salivary glands working overtime...so glad you shared it w/ the hearth and soul hop this week :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...