background

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Pumpkin Dump Cake

Talk about delicious, mouthwatering goodness in this little piece of Pumpkin Heaven! This Pumpkin Dumb Cake is OH SO GOOD!!! I saw this recipe on a Facebook post, it's a friend (thanks BETH) of a friends (thanks JILL) recipe (but I also found this recipe in one of my cookbooks, they are oh so similar, but I went with the facebook post).

It's funny how now a days we share so many things via Facebook. We have a standing joke in our house "if you need news or information sign onto facebook". I HATE TV and I don't watch the news or read the newspaper, so it's really funny when an earthquake or something BIG like that happens, I just log onto Facebook and sure enough all my peeps are quoting, talking and commenting on the latest earthquake that happened just seconds before. So, I say who needs the news anymore, just check with Facebook.

Facebook is so fun in many other ways, sharing photos with friends, meeting new people and getting to know all your ole' friends just a little more, because you can talk to ALL of your 500 friends in ONE DAY! Can you imagine if I had to call all 480 of my facebook friends to say Hello! (yea, probably wouldn't happen)

Pumpkin Dump Cake
Thanks to Facebook Post from (BETH & JILL)

1 (29oz) can Pumpkin
1 (12 oz) can Evaporated Milk
1-1/2 cup sugar
4 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ginger
1 box yellow cake mix
2 sticks of butter
1 cup pecans
Whip Cream/Cool Whip

Beat together pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar and eggs. Add salt, cloves, cinnamon and ginger. Mix well. Pour into 9x13 pan. Sprinkle evenly with dry cake mix over top of pumpkin mixture. Melt butter, drizzle over the top. Sprinkle with nuts and Bake at 350 for 1 hour. Cool and Serve with Cool Whip.

Also don't forget to link up your
favorite Pumpkin Recipes this week with us at


10 comments :

  1. I love the dump cake I've had before with pineapple and cherry pie filling--I imagine dump cake with pumpkin would be delicious! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought of making the dump cake with pumpkin! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've made dump cake before but never with pumpkin. Why didn't I think of this? I love anything with pumpkin. I am SO going to make this! Thanks so much for sharing. I'm happy I found your blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds super yummy!! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously now, this is the 6th pumpkin recipe I've read this morning, you peeps are driving my hubby nuts! LOL Little does he know that I am hoarding over 15 cans of pumpkin in the pantry, ha! Yummy Yummy Yummy!

    BTW, Like you, I don't watch the news either, I catch up on facebook or in the checkout lines!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for box cake mix! I'm missing a few ingredients but this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This really looks yummy! I so need to start with a box mix as my base. I would love for you to link this post to my Thanksgiving link up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I made this cake last night - taking it to parents for Thanksgiving.

    It's amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the best cake i have ever eaten thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. can this be made with a white cake mix??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...