background

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thanksgiving Turkey Treats & My Thanksgiving Day Menu

I attended my first candy making class this week and I learned a few new tricks (lots of things I already knew but a few new things too). One of the ideas I walked away with were these adorable Turkey Treats and of course I just had to make them. I finally know what I am doing for Thanksgiving, I am staying home. My parents will be coming over so there will just be a small group of 8 people I have to cook for. But I am excited; I wrote out my menu today and I will be sharing that with you too.

Now are you ready for these CUTE ADORABLE Turkey's that will be on everyone's place setting at my house this Thanksgiving.


Thanksgiving Turkey Treats
from Classic Cake Candy Class (November 2010)

1 lb of Milk Chocolate
8 Round Cookies (we used Mother's Iced Oatmeal Cookies)
8 Large & 8 Mini Marshmallows
24 Orange Chocolate Melts (the round disks)
1/2 lb of Butterscotch Chocolate Melts
Chow Mein Noodles (the dry kind)
Leaf Sprinkles
Candy Corn (I found a brown candy corn, but the yellow would work too)
beaks & eyes (you can get from a local candy/cake store)

Step 1: Dip Cookie into Milk Chocolate and put Candy Corn in place. (let set up)
Step 2: Dip Large and Mini Marshmallows in Milk Chocolate. (let set up)
Step 3: Place 3 Orange Melts in a triangle. Place a small amount of Milk Chocolate in center and then set cookie standing up making sure two orange feet are facing the front.
Step 4: Dip large marshmallow end into melted chocolate (to use as your glue) then place marshmallow against cookie in between two front orange feet. (see photo above)
Step 5: Using chocolate as glue dip the mini marshmallow side and place on top as the head.
Step 6: Using melted chocolate again with a tooth pick place eyes and beak on Turkey.
Step 7: For the haystack, melt butterscotch and mix butterscotch with chow mein noodles. Place in a small stack and then dip the feet of the put-together Turkey in chocolate and place on the mound of hay. Sprinkle with leaves right away before haystack dries.


And here is my plan for Thanksgiving. Most of these recipes are new, so I don't have all the recipes posted yet (check back as I will update the links). Sorry, you'll have to just wait til after Thanksgiving and use some of these great recipes for your Christmas menu.

Pumpkin Apple Cinnamon Cake Donuts
Deviled Eggs
Turkey with Apples & Butter
Ultimate Mashed Potatoes
Macaroni & Cheese
Sweet Potatoes & Apples
Sausage & Cranberry Stuffing
Cranberry-Pomegranate Sauce
Panko-Crusted Green Bean Casserole
Grandma's Homemade Rolls



This post is also linked to: Sweet Sunday Blog Party, Made by You Monday, Making the World Cuter, Meal Plan Monday, Commercial Break Thursday, Market Yourself Monday, Tasty Tuesday, Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Delicious Dishes It's a Blog Party, Get Your Craft On, Lucky Linky and Mouthwatering Monday



We would love have you link up
your Thanksgiving LEFTOVER recipes:

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...