background

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Nest Egg and HOLIDAY HOTTIES "Healthy Recipes for the Holidays"

We are starting another diet/healthy eating in our home, yes around the Holiday's! It's usually just me and the girls and the boys just tag along and eat whatever they want. But since I am in charge of cooking, I get to cook whatever I want. So, we will be trying to be a little bit healthy for the next few months. I joined a great group a few months ago Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans and they have just begun another challenge Holiday Hoedown. It's a wonderful place for motivation, meeting new people and lots and lots of ideas and encouragement along the way with challenges to keep you on your toes. Read here about the past challenge called Shrinkvivor and this time my team is called Holiday Hotties.

Don't worry though, I still have LOTS of treats to share with you! I will be baking and giving away tons of candy & cookies to family and friends (just like always). So, there will be plenty of recipes shared here healthy, non-healthy and lots and lots of treats too. I will also be doing a 12 days of Christmas Goodies Blog Hop Party, so make sure you watch for that starting December 11, 2010.

Here are some great healthy recipes we've made in the past.

Peanut-Butter Breakfast Banana Split
Healthy Cobb Salad
Cucumber Chicken Salad
Grilled Chicken Salad
Peach-Strawberry Morning Parfait
Strawberry POMegrante Smoothie
Banana Chip Yogurt

Onto today's healthy breakfast, that my twins just love. It's fun, easy and delicious.
Nest Egg
1 egg
1 piece of bread

Heat a skillet and spray with Pam. Cut a circle out of a piece of bread and lay in the pan; crack the egg into the middle of the toast, sprinkle with Seasoning Salt (while cooking not after) and cook. If you like over-easy cook more on one side then the other, if you want the yolk cooked through, cook a little longer on each side.


Watch for this logo for healthy recipes this Holiday Season here on MOMS CRAZY COOKING.


I am on Team A for the Holiday Hotties and I can't wait to LOOSE weight this holiday season and share my experience, struggles and joys as I try and loose 10 lbs over the next 8 weeks!!! Wish me LUCK! This is NOT going to be easy! I weigh-in every Wednesday and plan to report here on Thursdays.



We would love to have some HEALTHY recipes for Thanksgiving, so don't forget to link up with us your
Thanksgiving Dinner & Side Dishes at:

3 comments :

  1. Awwww...I love this for breakfast! It's so simple but seems so special! So glad you linked to Food on Fridays, because I'm totally having this for breakfast tomorrow. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids love nest eggs too - although I fry them in bacon grease. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simplicity itself. My rug rats splatter theirs with ketchup.  >﹏<

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...