background

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Saucy Hawaiian Franks

When I was preparing the Six-Layer Dip for THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS (Memorial Day BBQ); I knew I had another great recipe for a BBQ, it's my Saucy Hawaiian Franks. I can not believe that I haven't made these in so long... when I thought of a Memorial Day BBQ I knew these had to be included. (and it gave me a great excuse to make them for dinner, so I could photograph them for my blog) Since we had this for a dinner tonight, instead of just an appetizer for a BBQ, I made some white rice and added a handful of pre-cooked frozen meatballs into the recipe. WOW! It was just as delicious and my entire family LOVED it (even my little guy who likes NOTHING)!

Saucy Hawaiian Franks
from Tina Hudgens

1 jar (12 oz) Peach/Pineapple/Apricot Preserves (any which one or a combo of one or the other)
1 jar favorite BBQ Sauce
2 lbs favorite sausage links
1 to 2 cans pineapple chunks (or crushed pineapple) in juice; drain but reserve juice
1 tbsp corn starch

Heat BBQ sauce and preserves in sauce pan. Cut sausages into bite size pieces and add to pan; bring to a boil and add in pineapple. In a small bowl mix 3 tbsp of pineapple juice and 1 tbsp corn starch, then add to pan and continue to heat for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a slow cooker (on low or warm) and/or serve immediately.

2 comments :

  1. This looks so good and I know my two boys would devour it! It's officially added to my recipe box to try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I have cans of pineapple that finally have an opportunity to become some delicious dish!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...