background

Monday, November 1, 2010

THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS BLOG PARTY #1 and Pumpkin-Swirl Brownies

Welcome to the very FIRST week of THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS we are going to
compile a weekly list of favorite recipes with a THEME, so LINK-UP.
This week's theme is PUMPKIN, anything and everything you can make with PUMPKIN.

We love the taste of pumpkin,. Here is a fun chocolate brownie with a pumpkin flavor from Martha Stewart and we served it with the Pumpkin Ice Cream we made last week.


Pumpkin-Swirl Brownies

8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, plus more for pan
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 3/4 cups sugar
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups solid-pack pumpkin
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts or other nuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9-inch square baking pan or dish. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper; butter lining. Melt chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.

Whisk together flour, baking powder, cayenne, and salt in a large bowl; set aside. Put sugar, eggs, and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; beat until fluffy and well combined, 3 to 5 minutes. Beat in flour mixture.

Divide batter between two medium bowls (about 2 cups per bowl). Stir chocolate mixture into one bowl. In other bowl, stir in pumpkin, oil, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Transfer half of chocolate batter to prepared pan smoothing top with a rubber spatula. Top with half of pumpkin batter. Repeat to make one more chocolate layer and one more pumpkin layer. Work quickly so batters don't set. With a small spatula or a table knife, gently swirl the two batters to create a marbled effect. Sprinkle with nuts.

Bake until set, 40 to 45 minutes. Let cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into 16 squares.


Everyone is invited, if you don’t have a blog, then please post your recipe HERE in the comments for others to see.



Your hosts of this BLOG HOP Party are

This is your chance to share your favorite recipe each week based on our themes. Post that favorite pumpkin bread you made for breakfast last week, or post your favorite pumpkin cheesecake you made last month, or do you have a dinner you make with pumpkin? Post any recipe you'd like just please stick to the theme. Please link directly to your post, NOT to your home page. And you MUST include a link back to one of our hosts of "This Week's Cravings", using the button (or a direct link). Click around at the other participant’s and visit as many as you can, LEAVE COMMENTS too! 

November 1 - Anything with Pumpkin
November 29 - Crock-Pot Recipes
This is a BLOG HOP PARTY so please hop around
and read the other PUMPKIN posts!

19 comments :

  1. Those brownies look amazing, I am definitely going to make those. Thanks for visiting my blog and I will link up during the next few weeks.

    Julie--The Farm Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkin is a fabulous choice! Linked up a post with two pumpkiny goodies in it...thanks for hosting...very fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously, those brownies are TO DIE FOR! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone, we are having alot of fun hosting this PUMPKIN THEME. Enjoy and let us know what recipes you try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina, those pumpkin swirl brownies look AMAZING!!! I will remember (I swear) when I get home tonight to link up! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Drats! I don't have any pumpkin recipes. But your pumpkin brownies look to die for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pumpkin brownies look DEVINE!!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea - anything and everything with pumpkin - yes please. What a great idea for a blog hop. I linked up the pumpkin blondies, pumpkin pie bars, and pumpkin cornbread. I hope it was alright to link up more than one. It's just that I've really been baking up a lot with pumpkin this past couple of weeks. Thanks for letting me know about this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect theme - I just love pumpkin, I linked up 2 recipes. Thanks for sharing your delicious pumpkin swirl brownies - unusual and fun! Thanks for sharing with us at the Hearth and Soul Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa, pointed the way to your cute blog...such a fun place to visit :) I added a recipe I made yesterday to your pumpkin blog hop party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for pointing out your blog! I love it! I just linked up and your brownies look awesome! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my blog and inviting me to join your blog hop party. My mouth started drooling the second I saw those pumpkin swirl brownies. I am making them tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmm, Martha did it up right with this one. I like pumpkin so much that I'd put it in everything, and pumpkins swirl brownies fit that philosophy nicely ;) Thanks for sharing with the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  14. that looks so great. as someone who doesn't really do much with pumpkin, I can't wait to try these.

    Thanks so much for linking up to Saturday's Party

    -Krystal @ recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome! I don't have anything to link this week but I did add your badge to my sidebar and plan to play along as I can :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Tina, I wanted to personally welcome you to the hearth and soul hop and tell you I am now following your blog. All the best with your new blog hop and if you want me to promote it, please contact me at a moderate life and I will list it on my thoughts on friday link love. All the best. Alex@amoderatelife

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for stopping by www.momendeavors.com and the invite to the pumpkin party! So many yummy things--I may just have to make a second must-try list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So decadent and so good! Thanks for linking to Fat Camp Friday this week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...