background

Monday, November 29, 2010

THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS BLOG PARTY #5 and Crock-Pot Lasagna

THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS Blog Party #5
Crock-Pot Recipes

I LOVE my crock-pot. There is nothing like putting all the food in there in the morning, going to work and then coming home and dinner is DONE! I have lots and lots of great crock-pot recipes, but this recipe is an ole' favorite but one that I have never tried it in a crock-pot, until recently. It is my moms Homemade Lasagna recipe. I was told you could make a Lasagna in a crock-pot and I didn't really believe them. So, I tried it and it totally works. WOW!!! (Thanks Laina for sharing the idea with me)

Homemade Lasagna
from Mom

2 Boxes of Lasagna Noodles
G'ma's Homemade Spaghetti Sauce (or your favorite sauce homemade or from a jar)
Lots & Lots of Cheese (yellow & white)
Parmesan Cheese

Noodles need to be cooked first (yes, I've tried without cooking them and it never turns out the same). Then just layer... NOODLES - SAUCE - CHEESE (sprinkle a little Italian Seasoning & Sprinkle a little Parmesan inbetween layers), then repeat NOODLES - SAUCE - CHEESE. Continue to repeat in the crock-pot over and over again. (The recipe is the same if you wanna make it in a pan; just find the deepest baking pan you have, the more layers the better). For the cheese use as little or as much as you want for each layer. REPEAT - REPEAT - REPEAT. 

Crock-Pot Cooking: Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
Oven Cooking: Cover with foil and cook at 350 for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on oven. (Last 15 minutes take the foil off)


Here is what the lasgana will look like in the crock-pot. And if you have ever seen these AWESOME Slow Cookers bags make sure to pick them up, THEY ROCK. And no I am not being paid to say this. I really really LOVE the bags and the NO mess in the crock-pot afterwards.

******************************************************
I am so happy and can not believe we are already into our 5th week of THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS. I am so happy to be hosting this Blog Hop Party with two other great bloggers, who I have enjoyed getting to know over the last few weeks; From My Tiny Kitchen and Delightful Country Cookin'. This has been so fun reading other bloggers recipes and having a quick reference back to specific recipes. Here is a complete list of the past weeks and a list of what's coming up too!

Everyone is invited, if you don’t have a blog, then please post your recipe HERE in the comments for others to see.

This week's theme
Crock-Pot Recipes

This is your chance to share what you do with your Crock-Pot? The holidays are here and the busy time has begun. So let's get some GREAT crock-pot ideas going so that we can all put dinner on in the morning and go about our day shopping and cleaning and enjoying this season instead of stressing over "What's for Dinner". I can't wait to hear all the cool ideas you come up with (I may be using a few of them in the next month). We are looking for any recipe you use in your Crock-Pot. Post any recipe you'd like just please stick to the theme, we don't want to have to delete your link. Please link directly to your post, NOT to your home page and you MUST include a link back to one of our hosts of "This Week's Cravings", using the button (or a direct link). NOT EVERYONE IS following the rules, please LINK back in your post (not on a separate page of linky parties), because then your readers can NOT click to find all these yummy recipes everyone is sharing! 

This Week's Cravings Past & Future Recipe Links
This is a BLOG HOP PARTY so please hop around
and read the other Crock-Pot Ideas!


7 comments :

  1. I'm with you, I LOVE my crock pot too! I use it every chance I get! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, some of my favorite recipes are crockpot recipes! I hope it's ok I shared more than 1. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to write a comment by your yummy looking pumpkin drink but the comment box would not open. It is probably my computer, It has been giving me trouble.

    I wanted to thank you for linking to "Let's Do Lunch". I am planning to make this. I love the combination of flavors, there is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm....if only my husband would eat lasagna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Obviously, I love my crock pots as well. They make my life so much calmer and peaceful. Thanks for linking up your lasagna to Crock Pot Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi
    Just wanted to let you know that I “ Featured” you on Santa’s Gift Shoppe Blog Hop today for your great project & inspiration! Be sure to grab the “I was featured” on Santa’s Gift Shoppe Button/Code for your sidebar! You deserve it! Thanks so much..If you’re not a follower already we’d love for you to join us...Have a WONDERFUL Week!!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...