background

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Monroco (aka Taco Burrito)

This recipe has been in my family for years. I have asked and asked and tried to find out where the name came from "MONROCO" (pronounced mun-ro-ko). We do not know where the name came from but it's been in our family for forever, passed on from my great-grandma (who is no longer around and who I never meet) to my grandma (who can not remember where the name came from) to my mom (who has no clue where it came from), my mom has just been making them forever and now I make them for my kids all the time. And my daughters LOVE to make them. This is such a fun thing to pass recipes down from generation to generation.

I have created TWO scrapbook/cookbooks sharing my recipes with my family and friends. I have extra copies of the scrapbook printed so that when my kids move out they can take the cookbooks with them and they will have all our family favorite recipes no matter where they go to college and to eventually live (which I secretly hope they stay right here by me).

Monroco(pronounced mun-ro-ko)
created by my great-grandmother
6 Flour Tortillas
1 can Refried Beans
1 to 2 lbs of Ground Beef
Taco Seasoning (of your choice)
Grated Cheese
Shredded Lettuce
Tomatoes, diced
Sour Cream
Avocados
Taco Sauce and/or Salsa

Cook beef on stove until done; with Taco seasoning. Mix beans and beef together; heat all the way through. Heat up a flat skillet with butter or cooking spray. Fold flour tortilla in half and fill with meat mixture and cheese. Fry on both sides of the tortilla, until crisp and cheese is melted.  Once it's finished add in your desired condiments; lettuce, tomato, sour cream, etc.

Serve with rice, chips and salsa for a quick and scrumptious meal! Enjoy!


This week's linky party goin' on now,
don't forget to link up your favorite 
Thanksgiving Dinner & Side Dish recipes at:

2 comments :

  1. This looks and sounds incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look delicious...kind of like a tostada taco..genius! thank you for sharing it with tuesday night supper club.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...