background

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Easy Crock-Pot Potato Soup

My kids are still not fans of soup. I wish they were, because I love all the crock-pot recipes for soup. Throw it all in and when you get home it's DONE! Now that is the kind of cooking I love (sometimes). I made this easy crock-pot potato soup and they actually ate it. Happy Mama!


Easy Crock-Pot Potato Soup
adapted by me, original recipe found at Pearls, Handcuffs & Happy Hour

1 (30oz) bag of frozen hash browns (diced or shredded)
4-1/2 to 5 cups of fresh chicken broth or 3 (14oz) cans of chicken broth
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 pkg (8oz) cream cheese
(extra for toppings.. grated cheese, sour cream, bacon bits or green onions)

Combine everything EXCEPT for the cream cheese. Cook for 6-8 hours on low heat. About 1 hour before serving, add cream cheese and keep heated until thoroughly melted. Serve with cheese, sour cream, bacon bits, green onions, or whatever else you think would be good!

1 comment :

  1. As a super foodie, I have to say, your blog is amazing and officially my favorite one to visit!!! :) thanks for all the recipes! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...