background

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake

What a great looking coffee cake. After my one-day raspberry picking in Oak Glen, I sat down on the couch with a stack of recipe books to see what I could find (or to see what I already had bookmarked to make). I found this recipe in a Pillsbury Cookbook (a pretty old one at that, I think it was from 2005) and it was just calling my name. I got right up from the couch and made it the same day I brought home the raspberries (we enjoyed it for dessert that night). I uploaded it via a text message to my friend who I went picking with and she made it for her family too! Remember the days when you had to wait til the next day or til you actually saw your friends again to show them a picture and/or describe something to them. Yes, I know those days are long gone. She loved the photo I sent her via our cell phones and there you have it, it made her want to make it too!

And guess what, these freeze well too! YEP, just perfectly. I am a fan of freezer friendly recipes, I freeze meals, I freeze muffins and I freeze ALL my cookies and now I can freeze coffee cake too. I made these over 2 weeks ago and just yesterday, I grabbed one from my freezer threw it in my purse and by the time I got to work it was ready to eat.  

Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
from Pillsbury Cookbook

1 can Pillsbury refrigerated crescent rolls
1 pkg (8oz) Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
2 tsp grated orange or lemon peel
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
2 cups fresh raspberries

Heat oven to 350/ Spray 12" pizza pan with cooking spray. Unroll dough and separate into 8 triangles; place in pan in a round circle (I can never do this quite right - mine sometimes looks like a half-moon). Press dough over bottom and 1/2" up side of pan to form crust; press perforations to seal.

In medium bowl, beat all filling ingredients except raspberries with electric mixer on low speed until smooth. Gently stir in raspberries (mixture will be thin). Spoon filling evenly over dough.

Bake at 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. In small, mix all glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over warm coffee cake. Serve warm.

Glaze
1/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp orange juice

In small bowl, mix all glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over warm coffee cake. Serve Warm.

One Year Ago Today: Apple Cinnamon Muffins

5 comments :

  1. Looks good! I was supposed to go to Oak Glen last Sunday but the storm put an end to that :(
    Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! YUM!!! Anything with cresent dough is thumbs up in my book!!! Looking forward to making this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very good excellent congratulations
    I invite you to visit
    http://tinyurl.com/bella-cocina

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...