background

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Turkey Cranchiladas

There are so many fun things to do with Turkey left-overs. I found this amazing enchilada recipe that I am sharing with you today, make sure you book mark this, pin it or print it out to make after Thanksgiving or if you are a CRAZY cook like me, you might just be making a whole Turkey in the month of June. Summer Time at it's best and fresh Turkey sandwiches all week long! I LOVE IT! I hope I have inspired a few of you to make a Turkey this summer to enjoy! Turkey is NOT just for Thanksgiving.

Now nothing beats a good ole' fashion white bread turkey sandwich, but after a few days of those you might be looking for something better. Last year I made these Cranberry-Turkey Quesadillas or my all time favorite was a Turkey, Cranberry & Brie Pizza.

Sometimes throughout the year I like to randomly make a big 20 lb plus turkey just so I can get some of my favorite turkey left-over meals like these. Here is a new one to try.
 

Turkey Cranchiladas
adapted from recipe found at Pink Parsley, originally from Better Homes and Gardens

2 to 2 1/2 cups shredded turkey
2 cups fresh cranberry-pomegranate sauce (or 1 (16 oz) can)
1/2 cup sour cream
1-1/2 cups shredded cheese (mozzarella & cheddar)
1/2 cup salsa + 1/4 cup salsa
1/4 cup diced green onions
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
10-12 (6-inch) flour tortillas

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, combine the turkey, 1 cup of the cranberry sauce, sour cream, 3/4 cup shredded cheese, 1/2 cup salsa, green onions, cilantro, cumin, salt, and pepper.

Spoon about 1/3 cup filling into each tortilla, and roll tightly. Place seam-side down in the baking dish.

In a medium bowl, combine the remaining cranberry sauce and 1/4 cup salsa. Stir to combine and pour over the enchiladas, sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cups of shredded cheese. Cover the dish with foil and bake 45 minutes. Remove foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking. Continue to bake until cheese is crisp and bubbly. Sprinkle with additional cilantro and scallions, and serve.

4 comments :

  1. Yum! I love it!! What a great use of leftover turkey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Stopping by to pass on the Sunshine Award! Stop by my blog for the details.

    This recipe sounds yummy and unusual. Gotta try! Pinning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right turkey isn't just for Thanksgiving, I really want one now! These look great!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...