background

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pioneer Woman's Crash Hot Potatoes: Thanksgiving Feast 2011

Looks like this Thanksgiving Feast is filled with Pioneer Woman recipes. It wasn't planned that way, but it happened and each and every recipe came out perfect. I have been on a quest to cook my way through Pioneer Woman's first cookbook, click here to see what we've made so far.

I wanted to make a different kind of potato and this recipe came up on my Pinterest over and over again. I already found my DREAM potato; White Chocolate Mashed Potatoes which will be my go to mashed potato from here on out. But for this Thanksgiving Feast I choose Crash Hot Potatoes, and this recipe was delicious.


Thanksgiving Feast
Turkey with Apples & Butter
Olive Garden Bread Sticks; Copycat Recipe
Pepper Jack Macaroni & Cheese
Crash Hot Potatoes from Pioneer Woman
Grandma's Baked Corn Casserole
Cranberry & Sausage Stuffing
Cranberry-Pomegranate Sauce from Pioneer Woman
Grandma's Pumpkin Bars




Crash Hot Potatoes
adapted by me, but found on Pioneer Woman's Blog, all the way from Australia

12 whole New Potatoes (or other Small Round Potatoes, we used Red Potatoes)
3 tbsp Olive Oil (I like to use butter and/or both oil & butter)
Kosher Salt To Taste
Black Pepper To Taste
Rosemary (or Other Herbs Of Choice) to taste

Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add in as many potatoes as you wish to make and cook them until they are fork-tender.

On a sheet pan, generously drizzle olive oil. Place tender potatoes on the cookie sheet leaving plenty of room between each potato.

With a potato masher, gently press down each potato until it slightly mashes. Brush the tops of each crushed potato generously with more olive oil (or use melted butter for this step). Sprinkle potatoes with kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper and fresh chopped rosemary (or chives or thyme or whatever herb you have available.)

Bake in a 450 degree oven for 20-25 minutes until golden brown

2 comments :

  1. Totally printing this & making it soon! We have a whole bag of red potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit that this was the only PW recipe I tried that I really loved. These are addictive.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...