background

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Champagne Jelly from GUEST BLOGGER: Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks

I've never made homemade jelly, but it's defiantly on my to-do list. Maybe this holiday season will be my first attempt! I have a friend who makes it every year and I am hoping to jump on board.

I am loving all these guest bloggers here, it is so much fun getting to know new people. Of course I love showing all of you some different recipes and it gives me  some much needed inspiration. Here is Heather from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks, check out this awesome jelly she made. WELCOME Heather!! 

TAKE IT AWAY:

Hi!  I’m Hezzi-D from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks.  My blog is all about my adventures in cooking and reading.  I love to cook and bake and enjoy turning full fat recipes into healthier but still delicious meals.  My love of reading has been with me my entire life and my favorite books to enjoy are mysteries, paranormal, dystopian, and humorous.   I’m so excited to be able to share this easy and delicious recipe for champagne jelly, the perfect holiday food gift,  MOMS CRAZY COOKING readers.

I've been waiting for the holidays to make champagne jelly because not only is it delicious, but it makes for an impressive homemade gift.   I finally found time to make it this past Friday because my husband was out and I was home by myself.  The best part of making it was that half the champagne went into the jelly and I got to drink the other half myself.

This jelly may be the easiest thing I've canned all year simply because there are no fruits to peel or vegetables to dice.  The base of the jelly is made with raspberry juice.  It ended up a beautiful pinkish red color and firmed up quickly.  I love the taste of it as well.  It tastes like raspberries with a slight hint of champagne.  It's delicious on toast in the morning!

Champagne Jelly 
From Ball's Blue Book Guide to Preserving

3 c. bottled raspberry juice
1/4 c. lemon juice
6 T. classic pectin
4 c. sugar
1 1/4 c. champagne

Prepare your canner, lids, and jars.

Combine raspberry juice and lemon juice in a large saucepan.  Stir in the pectin and bring to a boil.  Stir frequently.  Add in the sugar and stir until dissolved.

Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat and stir in the champagne.  Skim foam if needed. 

Ladle the jelly into hot jars and remove air bubbles.  Leave 1/4 inch headspace.  Wipe the rims of the jars, put on the lids, and twist the screwbands to fingertip tight.

Process in a boiling water canner for 10 minutes.  Remove and let cool for 12 hours.  Check the seal and store for up to 1 year.

Makes 6 half pints.




Thank you so much Heather! I can't wait to check out all your canning ideas.
You have inspired me, next year will be my year to learn and practice canning! Thanks again!

2 comments :

  1. ISC888 เรารวบรวมเกมเดิมพันออนไลน์ บาคาร่า, สล็ตออนไลน์, รูเล็ท, เสือมังกร, ไฮโล และเกมเดิมพันอื่นๆ มีระบบถ่ายทอดสดไม่ว่าเล่นผ่านหน้าเว็บไซต์หรือมือถือ คุณสามารเล่นได้ทั้งคู่ เว็บไซต์ของเรามีความปลอดภัยที่สูง

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...