background

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Mega-Brownie Bites from GUEST BLOGGER:

I wish I had a batch of these right now! Please help me welcome my next Guest Blogger!


TAKE IT AWAY: 

Hello! I am Ann from Sumptuous Spoonfuls and I feel very honored to be guest blogging here at Mom's Crazy Cooking today. I started Sumptuous Spoonfuls last July as a way of sharing and documenting my recipes, and I can't believe what an incredible journey my blog has taken me on. I never in a million years would have guessed I would meet so many amazing people from all over the world. Through facebook and twitter, I've made such wonderful foodie friends that introduce me to so many different cooking ideas, fantastic photography, and so much more. These people I have never met in person have become some of my best friends. I look forward to "seeing" them every morning and finding out what they've been up to.


Tina is one of the great foodie friends I have met through facebook and the MOMS CRAZY COOKING Challenge. I have to say I admire her endless energy, her enthusiasm and all the work that she does to help promote everyone's food blogs. With a family of six, I don't know how she does it all! She is such a sweetheart, always so kind and so organized and she always has something nice to say to everyone. (You are TOO sweet, Thanks Ann)

I want to share this wonderful brownie bite idea I came up with last month ... I was baking up a storm for the bake sale we were having at my daughter's dance studio, and this idea popped into my mind. It was one of the favored treats at the bake sale--the little dancer girls would come up and with big eyes, point and say "What's that?" When I told them there were Reese's cups hiding inside, their eyes just lit up.

Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Mega-Brownie Bites Supreme
1 batch of your favorite brownie batter (one that makes a 13 x 9 inch pan of brownies … if your brownie recipe or mix only makes a 9x9 inch pan of brownies, double the recipe)
Cooking spray
12 mini-Reese's Peanut Butter cups
Chopped peanuts
Caramel sauce
Chocolate chips. melted, with a little milk stirred in to thin the chocolate so it drizzles better

Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. Mix up the brownie batter and divide evenly amongst the 12 spots. Press a mini-Reese's cup into each one down into the batter so that the top of the Reese's cup is evenly aligned with the batter.
Bake the brownie mega-bites according to your brownie directions. As they rise, the brownies will rise up over the edges of the peanut butter cups and make a sort of "basket" or “nest”.

Fill each brownie basket with chopped peanuts, then drizzle with caramel and melted chocolate chips.

Next time I want to try this trick as mini-brownie bites with junior mints in place of the peanut butter cups and crushed peppermint candy canes in place of the peanuts, drizzled with white and dark chocolate. Wouldn't that be good? I also thought at Easter time, you could put little jellybeans in the brownie “nests”
Thanks Ann for such a wonderful recipe! I hope to try these sooner then later!

7 comments :

  1. These look really good!!! Thanks for the guest post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, just look at the centre! What a delicious surprise that would be :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look amazing... I wonder if Santa would like these ? lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made these and I dont know what happened. I baked it for 30 minutes( which was less than the time they suggested on the box) and when I tried to take it out of the tin it was way too soft so I let it cool in the muffin tin. I removed them after about 1/2 hour. About 1 hour later, the muffins were soooo hard. I cant figure it out. they were way too soft coming out of the oven. They were not overbaked. I dont think I will make this again

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sue L. so sorry your brownies didn't work out! It sounds like the brownie mix you used. I know brownie mixes are really weird like that. Even when I make regular brownies if I leave them in the pan too long they become hard. :-( Again, so sorry they didn't work out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what i think might be better is to simply make the brownies in a pan, and put the reeses in the brownies..not make little muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Der Ursprung der omega replica Marke geht auf das Jahr 1848 zurück.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...