background

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Rolls

We are OFF!! Dancing - Vacationing - College Stuff & More!!! We leave California today for an 8 day whirl-wind trip. We are ALL so excited! My husband will be joining us, YAHOOOO! (he works a lot, so this is very exciting, especially for my little guy who will be celebrating his 13th birthday on this trip), also my parents will be coming along. My twins will be dancing at the 2012 Dance Worlds Competition in Orlando, Florida at Epcot. My parents, husband and son will be making their way around Walt Disney World visiting the parks, the last time my son was there he was about 2 years old.

This will be my girls last year competing at Dance Worlds and so we are staying a few extra days for them to be able to enjoy all the Disney parks, we've been three years in a row and it's DANCE-DANCE-DANCE (which don't get me wrong, they LOVE that too), but since this is our last year, it's time to PLAY. This is kind'of a family vacation for us. Then it's off to visit my girls college. It's going to be an amazing trip.


My girls at Dance Worlds (2009)!

In the mean time, I have lots of recipes saved up to share with you while I am away.
This first one is SO easy and SO delicious. I know I will be making these again very soon.



Buffalo Chicken Rolls
adapted by me, from Tracey's Culinary Adventures, originally from Can you stay for dinner?

3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (about 2 cups)
1 cup hot sauce
12 egg roll wrappers
1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
water
nonstick cooking spray
ranch dressing, for serving

Preheat oven to 400 F. Set a wire rack inside a rimmed baking sheet and spray the rack with cooking spray.

Stir the chicken and hot sauce together in a medium bowl until moistened - you can use more or less sauce depending on how spicy you want your rolls.

Place one egg roll wrapper on a clean work surface. Add about 1 tablespoon of the celery on the diagonal of the bottom right corner. Top with about 2-3 tablespoons of the chicken. Be careful not to overfill the wrappers.

To fold the roll: Bring the bottom right corner up and over the filling to cover it completely and make it snug. Fold each side over to form an envelope, then roll the wrap almost all the way to the top. Wet your finger with water and moisten the top corner, then fold it over the roll, pressing to seal. Place the roll on the prepared rack.

Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.

Bake for 15-20 minutes (flipping the rolls halfway through), or until the rolls are golden brown and crisp. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then serve with ranch dressing.

NOTE: I also decided to fry half of this batch, just because. I was worried that they wouldn't be as good baked instead of fried. Well, I can tell you WRONG - WRONG - WRONG I didn't tell anyone and set both kinds out on the try and then asked my girls which ones they liked better. BAKED won! SO, happy I tried the experiment and SO, glad the baked won over fried.

7 comments :

  1. OMG these look so good! I have some eggroll wrappers in the freezer so I'll definitely be making these! I can imagine that using Wonton wrappers, you can probably make mini versions for a party appetizer too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can add potatoes or sprouted beans with ground meat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Which college in Missouri? I live in MO :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you know what I might substitute for egg roll wrappers? I can't get them here. thank you Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you enjoyed them, thanks for the comment! Best of luck to your girls, hope you have a wonderful vacation with your family :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...