background

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Lemon Shrimp {TWC Linky Party #90 - Seafood}

It's time for seafood week on THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS Linky Party. Anyone who knows me knows, I do NOT, repeat, do NOT like seafood. I eat nothing from the sea at ALL, so this week I had to step out and make something for my girls. My daughters on the other hand love love love all kinds of seafood, my oldest son and my husband do too and well my youngest boy, that is still up for debate. He loves popcorn shrimp, fish sticks and that's about it so far, but my other ones will eat it all.
My boys were actually in June Lake, California this entire week for their annual BOYS ONLY fishing trip. This has been an annual trip for many years dating as far back as when my father use to go when I was a little girl. Now, my husband has been going for the past 14 years and both our boys have gotten to join in this awesome trip.  All of the boys in the family go cousins, uncles, friends and more.  They all really really love it and I know they have the best time bonding, fishing, camping and having guy time. They have already taught my son "what happens in June Lake, stays in June Lake". I know they don't get into too much trouble there, but it's still very funny (and my little guy tells his mama everything). This year my son, my 13 year old son caught the BIGGEST fish EVER, in the history of our family going to June Lake (which is about 25+ years of fishing). Not only did he win the annual jackpot amoung the "boys" of $150 bucks, his fish was so big (8lbs 7oz), it was the biggest fish caught in the lake this season and it is the biggest cut-throst fish that the entire lake has seen in at least the last 5 years. He was one happy BOY and I am one PROUD MAMA! ANy of you fisherman, watch for a picture that might be features in Outdoor Wilderness Magazine.


Lemon Shrimp
this recipe is sweeping the Pinterest Board - but with links to no where

1 package frozen shrimp, defrost
1 stick butter, melted
1 to 2 lemons
1 tbsp Herb de Provence

Melt one stick (1/2 cup) of butter and spread onto a cookie sheet (with a lip), thinly slice 1-2 lemons and lay on top of the butter. Lay shrimp on top of the lemon/butter mixture and sprinkle with herb de provence spice.

Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes or until shrimp is cooked. We decided to fry the shrimp up a little after we removed it from the oven. We poured the shrimp, lemons and all the butter into a skillet and cooked for about 2 to 4 minutes before servings.

This recipe is very LEMON'y. So, if you don't like a strong lemon taste I would use onely 1 lemon (or even a half of a lemon).


This week's theme is: SEAFOOD
Please only link recipes with our theme!

If you are a regular to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS Linky party, then link-up we're excited to see what you made this week. If you are new, please just follow our simple rules, so that everyone can enjoy the linky party! If you forget to follow the theme, your post will be deleted. Please don't feel hurt, just come back and link up a recipe that follows the theme. Thanks a million, we look forward to blogging with you!


Please Grab Our Button!!!

This Week's Cravings Upcoming Linky "THEMES"
Here is a complete list of the past and what's coming up next on THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS!

July 23 - ICE CREAM Goodies & Treats

July 30 - Summer Fruits & Summer Salads

August 6 - Cupcakes (be creative)

August 13 - Summer Grilling BBQ & Vegetables 
Your hostess for this party are: Tina from MOMS CRAZY COOKING, Nicole from The Daily Dish and Kristi from Veggie Converter. We host this theme linky party every Monday (and the party stays open all week long)! We hope to inspire you to make something with our theme or get an old post notice by linking it up to the linky party below. 
The LINKY PARTY is opened ALL Week!

PLEASE do not link more then 3 recipes per week.

This week's theme is: SEAFOOD
Please only link recipes with our them!


4 comments :

  1. Looks like a successful boys only fishing trip! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are seafood fanatics in this house, looking forward to finding some new recipes. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tina thanks for hosting! I actually lucked out since I didn't realize your party was just for seafood this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tina, it's so good to be blogging again! I just added Grilled Alaska Salmon 3 ways and will be back tomorrow when my Sweet & Spicy Shrimp Tacos posts. Excited to share with you. Have you been by the new home of EKat's Kitchen yet - www.SalmonAtSeven.com? I'd love to see you stop by. xoxo, Erin

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...