background

Thursday, January 31, 2013

MY 2012 FAVORITE RECIPES

I already posted the TOP 10 RECIPES for 2012 picked from popularity of my posts and now I wanted to share MY FAVORITE RECIPES from my blog in 2012. I've picked out 10 recipes to share with you that I made this year, new to me and to my family and now they will continue to be life-long recipes that I will make over and over again. They will also be included in my Volume 3 - Family Scrapbook/Cookbook, this is when you know they are keeper recipes if they make it into the scrapbook. ENJOY, I hope you have had or will have the chance to make one of these MY NEW FAVORITES!

Homemade Cheeseburger SAUCE
If you know my family, you know we are Cheeseburger freaks, we love fast food and In-N-Out is on the top of our list. But so is a homemade hamburger, it's just as good and so I set out to create a homemade sauce and I defiantly found a winner. We make it, eat it, love it and repeat (as often as we can)!

Grandma's Apple Crisp Pie
This was a recipe that was shared with me from my mother-in-law and then I created and made it into a pie and I absolutely LOVE it, and I never ever have liked Apple Pie (and I still don't), but this Apple Crisp I LOVE LOVE LOVE. It's so delicious!


Pineapple Cupcakes
These are out of this world delicious, and I top them with my all time favorite frosting from Magnolia's Bakery in New York City; White Chocolate Frosting, OH MY! Can I have a dozen of these right now PLEASE! The cupcake recipe is actually a Weight Watcher recipe (cake mix and can of pineapples), but the frosting NOT SO MUCH!



Banana Crunch Muffins
I seem to always have bananas left over that need to be made into something, I usually just throw them into the freezer and when I get the chance I make Banana Bread for the boys, another thing I do not care for, Banana Bread. But I found this recipe and OH MY, Banana Crunch Muffins are my NEW thing. I know I will be making these again with that next batch of over ripe bananas.


Better than Anything Cake
Yep, it's THAT cake and it is pretty darn good. This cake has already been repeated several times this year.



White Chicken Enchiladas
This is now my go-to Mexican dish. I love the white enchilada style SO much better then any red sauce enchiladas. This recipe has circled the Pinterest boards for months and I am so glad I made it. And if you aren't on Pinterest yet, RUN don't WALK. It's the best thing since sliced bread (hahaha!). It is really good though! I love it!



Pioneer Woman's Fried Chicken
This is a recipe I've been trying to master for years. I made this, it's AWESOME and I will never ever try another fried chicken recipe. This is THEE one and only for me, and my hubby is happy!



Upside Down Turkey
Once I found this Turkey recipe and made it, I've never tried another. And I make about 3 to 4 Turkey's per year (which reminds me it's about time to cook me up a whole Turkey very soon), I've got 2 more in my freezer, that I grabbed for $8 bucks each.



Peanut Butter Krispies
These are a bite size snack that everyone loves. There aren't many desserts I make over and over again, but this is one that I do. My step son Brandon LOVES them and it's first on his list every time he comes to visit (and yes he is 22 years old and still loves my treats), he just can't get enough of them, I try to send some home with him as long as he doesn't eat them all before he leaves.



Panda Express Cream Cheese WonTon {copycat recipe}
I just LOVE these at Panda Express, so why not make them at home. This is a super duper great find and I am so happy I tried it out! SCORE!

Here they are MY FAVORITE recipes, ones I know I will continue to make over and over again. Blogging is SO much fun and it's really exciting each year to see how I add new recipes to my regular rotation. Plus, I love finding new desserts that will go down in our family history and hopefully be repeated for generations to come. I better get working on that Volume 3- Family Cookbook/Scrapbook ASAP!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...