background

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sour Cream Blueberry-Blackberry Muffins

Sunday morning muffins, YUM! YUM! We are starting a new tradition in our household and Sunday mornings are going to be "MUFFIN DAYS". My kids love all kinds of muffins. We shared our first muffin recipe here a week or so ago the Marion Berry-Almond Creme Muffin and my kids are begging for me to make it again (but I have SOOOOOO many other ones I want to make) and then we shared the Apple Cinnamon Muffin (those we very yummy too)!

I would also like to share a little shout out to my TEAM BLACK for the Shrinkvivor Contest. We have been given our first challenge of the week; MILES... MILES... MILES and to drink half of our body weight in ounces of water. I have been busy, busy, walking, running, and drinking my water. Today, I walked my first ever 7 mile walk, my legs are sore, but I feel great. I can't wait for the weight in on Wednesday. AND for those of you wondering YES, I did have a muffin. I am dieting, but I am not depriving myself.


Sour Cream Blueberry-Blackberry Muffins

2 cups biscuit/baking mix
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
2 eggs
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (we used 1/2 blueberries and 1/2 blackberries)

In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix and 3/4 cup sugar. In a small bowl, combine eggs and sour cream; stir into the dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in blueberries (and/or blackberries).

Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Makes 1 dozen.

1 comment :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...