background

Monday, September 20, 2010

Alpine Chicken

This Alpine Chicken from The Loopy Ewe is a HOT topic in our home. I made it quite a few months ago and I will be honest I did NOT like it. But we always vote in our house and I first asked my 16 year old twin daughters and their response was "this is the BEST chicken ever"; I even argued with them, saying "really? let's ask dad" and we headed upstairs to dads (man cave) where he was watching TV, we asked "how'd you like it", he said "WOW, that was so good!"; needless to say; I lost. (but, hey I am the cook, if I don't like it I won't make it again).

My kids however did NOT let me forget this recipe, over and over again they would ask, "Mom please make that chicken thing with the croutons". So after much begging (and now that I have another boy in the house my 19 year old step-son). I made the recipe again, can you believe it, I got the same response "WOW, mom I LOVE this chicken"; my step-son "this is SO good, can I have seconds"; so on and so on! And yes, I have to say, I still did NOT like it (I am so sorry, I don't know why, I think maybe the onions... I may try it without next time, the croutons not my favorite, I just don't know why I don't like it)! But, since there are 6 people in my family, I am totally outvoted on this one and they all insist this is a MUST KEEP recipe. So, thank you Sheri Berger of The Loopy Ewe my families NEW favorite is Alpine Chicken.


Alpine Chicken

4 cups cooked chicken breasts
2 cups Croutons
2 cups Shredded Swiss Cheese
1 cup chopped Celery
1/2 chopped Onion
1 cup Mayonnaise
Salt & Pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients and place in greased 9×9 inch pan. (or double for 9 x 13)
Bake at 350ยบ for 30 minutes, or until it bubbles


2 comments :

  1. haha...that's hilarious! We have those moments. Sometimes there's a recipe I really like, but it won't get posted on DCC unless my husband approves it. More often than not, though, he loves things that I can't stand - I guess he's more adventurous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Atleast there is only 2 of you (hehe). We have 6 people here I have to please! (ahhhhh, sometimes!!!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...