background

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Flatbread Tacos with Ranch Sour Cream


My twins (last year)
on their 16th Birthday!
Lots of FUN FUN recipes I will be posting this weekend! It's my twin daughters 17th Birthday on Saturday and I will be cooking up a storm for the next 4 days! Lord, give me strength on all these yummy things in the middle of my SHRINKVIVOR diet/challenge. (YAHOOOOOOO!!! I am happy to report I was NOT sent to Exile Island this week, I am sure I was safe because of the 4 lbs lost and the 120 oz of water I drank everyday, so this week I have to keep up my pace)!

Onto food now, since this is a FOOD BLOG! Here is another great dinner we enjoyed last week...... WOW, never knew you could make easy flatbreads out of refrigerated biscuits. AMAZING, all these little things I learn in the kitchen as we are cooking our way through my 4" of recipes! This was a YUMMY YUMMY recipe I found in the pile of magazines I go through each month, it comes from Taste of Home Magazine.



Flatbread Tacos with Ranch Sour Cream

1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
2 teaspoons ranch salad dressing mix
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1-1/2 pounds ground beef
1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 envelope taco seasoning
1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
1 tube (16.3 ounces) large refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
Optional toppings: sliced ripe olives and shredded lettuce and cheddar cheese

In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, dressing mix and lemon juice; chill until serving. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the beans, tomatoes, taco seasoning and pepper sauce; heat through. Meanwhile, roll out each biscuit into a 6-in. circle. In a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook each biscuit for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown; keep warm. To serve, spread each flatbread with 2 tablespoons ranch sour cream; top each with 2/3 cup meat mixture. Sprinkle with toppings if desired. 

1 comment :

  1. I've never heard of grinding meat AFTER it's been cooked. What a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...