background

Monday, October 31, 2011

THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS #53 (MEN COOK) and Homemade Salsa

THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS Linky Party #53
The Theme is: MEN Cook

(Did you know that the first Thursday in November is
NATIONAL MEN MAKE DINNER?)



Well, I've been trying for weeks to get my husband to cook dinner and it never happened. First you have to know that he NEVER cooks (only spaghetti and I already posted that), read about that here and he works ALOT of hours. I just don't mean he comes home late everyday. I mean he works 7 days a week, 12 hours a day, and when he is not working he is sleeping, his bed time is 6:30pm (SERIOUSLY). I can say we LOVE the overtime money, because it is helping us make leaps and bounds on our Dave Ramsey plan, but it does really suck sometimes. But, I had a very important post to come up with! I NEEDED a "MAN COOKING DINNER". I did the next best thing and recruited  my two adopted sons, Adam & Garrett. They really aren't adopted they are my twins best friends, since birth. They are part of a set of triplets (their sister is away at college, in New York) and my girls are twins (in case you are a new reader) and they are all BEST-BEST-FRIENDS. Here are the twins and the boys a few years ago. 

It was a busy weekend, I cooked a full Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday (it was delicious and I will be posting all the new recipes BEFORE Thanksgiving just in case you want some new ideas for this year). And on Sunday we had a celebration birthday dinner for my best friend, the triplets mom and for the triplets (except we had to Skype Brenda in New York). Carol made a mexican feast and it was YUMMY! We all came home stuffed. Garrett made the Homemade Salsa, and Adam will be making us a batch here at our home tonight (Adam is a regular guest at our house because his work and college are much closer to our house then his own home, so he visits us often and we love it)! Here are a few of my favorite pictures of them!

I LOVE THESE GUYS! Adam, Garrett, Brenda, Ashlyn & Kayley
I know they will be friends forever and ever!!!
Adam first made this Homemade Salsa for a Salsa Contest in his Spanish Class his freshman year in High School, he is now a freshman in college and they have been making it ever since.

YES, this recipe won FIRST PLACE.


Homemade Salsa
the Lee Family Recipe, received from a friend

1 serrano chili, fresh & cut
2 jalapeno chili, fresh & cut
1 cup water
bundle of Cilantro, use about a quarter of the bunch
1/2 brown onion
1 or 2 garlic cloves
2 regular size cans of stewed tomatoes, use the Mexican Spice
salt to taste

In the blender mix cut chili's, crush garlic, cut up onion and water. Blend well and set aside in a bowl. Blend can of tomatoes and cilantro (no stems). Mix the tomato mixture with the other and add salt to taste. Serve with tortilla chips and a mexican feast.




Please Grab Our Button !!!

This Week's Cravings Upcoming Linky "THEMES"
Here is a complete list of the past and what's coming up next on THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS!

November 7 - HAPPY LINKY-versary to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS (share a cake)

November 14 - Your Best PUMPKIN Recipes

November 21 - Thanksgiving Dinner & Desserts

November 28 - French Toast, Pancakes, Waffles & More

This is a BLOG Party hosted byMOMS CRAZY COOKING, From My Tiny Kitchen and Big Bears Wife . If you are a regular link-up we're excited to see what you made this week. If you are new please read and follow the simple rules, so that everyone can enjoy the linky party! If you forget to follow the theme, your post will be deleted. Please don't feel hurt, just come back and link up a recipe that follows the theme. Thanks a million, we look forward to blogging with you!

The LINKY PARTY is opened ALL Week!

PLEASE do not link more then 3 recipes per week.
This week's theme is: MEN COOKING
Please only link recipes with our theme!

This week's theme is: MEN COOKING
Please only link recipes with our theme!

5 comments :

  1. this Homemade Salsa looks delicious! yum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm...salsa! I brought over my husband's Cranberry-Orange Scones. I'm completely jealous of his baking ability, but at least he shares. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband makes great crepes. Go figure-nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm that salsa looks really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun theme, Tina! Can't wait to see what "our men" are up to in the kitchen!! My husband only cooks with a pressure cooker, so I've linked up his brats. They're really tasty! As always, thanks so much for hosting.
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...