background

Monday, August 22, 2011

Cucumber Salad: Secret Recipe Club

Secret Recipe Club
Cucumber Salad
This month is my second month in the Secret Recipe Club and I am now a Co-Host for SRC Group B. Today, is reveal day for Group B and I am so excited to be partnering with all of you to bring this great post today that is sharing over 60 recipes from all different kinds of bloggers.

Secret Recipe Club

If you've never heard of Secret Recipe Club then you are in for a treat. It works like this, all of us below that you see linked up were assigned a blog at the beginning of the month, we read, get to know and then bake/cook from that blog (but, it's a SECRET), we know someone is looking at our blog, but we don't know who until reveal day, TODAY! If you'd like more information on joining the SRC, then hop on over to our Secret Recipe Club Blog and check it out!

My Secret Recipe Blog this month is: Lady Behind The Curtain
This blog is just not about cooking/baking, it's also about parties! And I LOVE hosting a party! I found a few recipes I'd love to make, but since my house is "dieting" this week, I decided to pick a light recipe and her Cucumber Salad was just perfect. I didn't want to eat the cucumbers alone, so I made a nice Garden Salad, that was just right! I think I will be enjoying another one of these today for lunch. (I love left-overs!)


Cucumber Garden Salad
found and adapted from Lady Behind the Curtain

4 cucumbers
2 tsp salt
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup Splenda (I used real sugar)
2 tbsp chopped fresh dill (I used 1/2 tbsp dried dill)
1/4 tsp pepper

Cut cucumbers into thin slices. Toss with 2 teaspoons of salt. Marinate at room temperature for 1 hour. Drain liquid from cucumbers and add remaining ingredients. Stir, cover and refrigerate 3 hours before serving.

To make a Garden Salad: I added lettuce, tomato, avocado and my favorite dressing: Poppyseed.

Thank You Lady in the Curtain for letting me poke around your blog!
A few other recipes I would love to try or at least they were too cute not to mention:
And if only it was 4th of July still... I would have totally made these. I think they are so darn CUTE!
Mini Firecracker Cupcakes (I will have to remember these for next year)


46 comments :

  1. Tina, thanks for hosting this months SRC for group B. The salad looks so lovely and fresh. I'm sure it tasted great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being a host for SRC Tina, you are awesome! I LOVE a fresh cucumber salad, one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a delicious and refreshing salad! Thanks for hosting us Group B people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good timing with that - looks amazing for a nice summer lunch.

    I guess it's cucumber season now - I just finished my first couple bottles of pickles myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tina, thanks for co-hosting, you guys and the SRC rock! Seeing this recipe now makes me want to go back to the farmer's market I was at yesterday where they had some gorgeous looking mini cucumbers, which this salad would be perfect for!
    -Heather at http://itsyummytomytummy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting this month's SRC! The cucumber sound even better tossed into a salad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally hate cucumbers but this actually looks really yummy. I could definitely eat these on top of a salad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look fresh and delicious Tina! Thanks for hostess SRC! gloria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yum! This looks wonderful! Great choice. (I love her blog too) :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM! I love cucumber salad and this one looks delish! Thanks so much for hosting SRC...this was my first month and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for hosting. I have cucumbers in the fridge. This looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds intriguing... will have to give this one a go.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love dill and cukes, looks wonderful. andi

    thewednesdaybaker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That salad is a perfect one for the weather we are having right now. So refreshing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This salad sounds great! Light, summery, and definitely refreshing =) Great choice for the SRC!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks so cool and refreshing! Great choice!

    ReplyDelete
  17. that sounds like a cute little club! LOL.. and what a fine choice for a "dieting house" - a refreshing and light cucumber salad. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your cucumber salad looks great! I recently added mine to a barbecue beef sandwich instead of coleslaw--incredible! Try it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. mmm my mom used to serve us up cucumbers like this when we were little! I'm going to make this for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That looks like a perfect summer side. And I just brought home a cucumber and two tomatoes from a generous coworker's garden today! Guess I know how I'll be using them now...

    ReplyDelete
  21. That cucumber salad sounds delicious. Thanks for hosting the SRC, Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yum! Gotta love recipes that use our fresh garden produce!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Tina, this cucumber salad looks SO good!! I am so happy I had you this month, your blog is now a favorite for me! :)
    And thank you so much for hosting all this and helping Amanda to organize all of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks like a fresh and yummy salad!
    Thanks so much for hosting our group of SRC!
    Jo-Anna

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a refreshing and light salad recipe, Tina! Thanks for being a wonderful co-host for this lovely club SRC.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I grew up eating cucumber salad straight from the garden. Reminds me of childhood and summer. This is wonderful. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am a big fan of cucumber and dill together :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Another yummy month! Thanks for hosting us Tina!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yum, sounds tasty and refreshing :) Thanks for being a great host!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love a fresh salad like this, so cool and refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Just getting a chance to check out Group B's yummy creations (I'm in group c). I really enjoy simple marinated cucumbers. Your salad looks light and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love cucumber salads! Your version looks yummy (especially with real sugar). Thanks for hosting! Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  33. Yummy! :) I have shared the recipe with some of my fellow healthy eater. I know they are sure to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Cucumber salad ...so refreshing and healthy, looks great. BTW, I'm checking you out through SRC

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love SRC. This is my first month. YOur salad is right up my alley. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Yum! This looks delicious, I love cucumbers!

    ReplyDelete
  37. PS -- Thanks for organizing all of us! I just got home from vacation and am getting to make the rounds of posts now and they look incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks for all you do for SRC. I agree---those little fire cracker pops look awesome. I want to make those for the 4th next year too.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh, you did double duty!! So nice of you!!! This looks like delicious salad...I just love cukes :)

    ReplyDelete
  40. I don't utilize cucumbers enough in my kitchen. I think that needs to change...with this salad! It looks delicious.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  41. It's Been an amazing article to read, I would love to share in Wedding caterers in Faridabad Group

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thank you for sharing good services https://www.pestcontrolhyderabad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thank You sharing such an amazing Content!!I would Love to share in Top Wedding Caterers in Delhi @ZoopGo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...