background

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Mozzarella Pasta

Cutting out magazine clippings is an understatement around my house and well my kids just follow along. So, now when my daughter reads Seventeen Magazine and sees a recipe, she cuts it out and it magically appears on my kitchen counter. I think this means I am suppose to make it. Well, that's how this recipe appeared. A healthy kind of pasta dish for teenagers? I guess? I had all the stuff in house and this is what landed itself on our table for dinner.


Mozzarella Pasta
found in Seventeen Magazine, adapted to our taste

1-2/3 cups uncooked pasta (bowtie or penne)
3 tbsp olive oil
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
1tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup skim mozzarella, cubed
1-1/2 cups bagged baby spinach
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper

Cook pasta according to package instructions. Ladel out 1/2 cup of the boiled water and set aside, then strain pasta. In a medium skillet, warm the oil. Add tomatoes and garlic, and saute over medium heat soft (about 15 minutes). Add the cheese, spinach, and pasta water. Remove from heat. Toss with the pasta, then cover with a lid until the cheese melts.

4 comments :

  1. I can't wait until my little man starts requesting I make meals other than chocolate chip cookies or pancakes. Haha! I think that is so cute of your daughter and what a great mama to make this for her. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully it won't be long before she is actually MAKING it for you rather than just leaving the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, that looks like a whole bunch of cheesy goodness right there! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...