background

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Fat & Fluffy Snickerdoodles

My son wanted to make cookies, all by himself (he is only 12 years old). He got out my little cute 500 Cookies cookbook and picked Snickerdoodles. One of his favorites. Well, to his surprised, the first batched burnt and the second batch came out flat. I would say "flat as pancakes", but pancakes were thicker then these cookies, they were more like as flat as crepes. Seriously the flattest things I have ever seen.  A few days later I came across How Sweet It Is and found her Fat Fluffy Snickerdoddles. WA-LAH Perfect, these were sure to be the right cookies for his craving. I came home that night and made them for him, he did NOT want to try again on his own.

Fat & Fluffy Snickerdoodles
found on How Sweet It Is

1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp milk
1/4 cup sugar + 1 tbsp cinnamon for dipping

Preheat oven to 375. Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Add egg and vanilla, mixing well until combine, about 2 minutes. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix until dough comes together. Add in milk. If dough is still crumbly, add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until it comes together. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
 
In a bowl combine remaining sugar and cinnamon. Remove dough from fridge and roll into big 1 1/2 inch balls. Dip in cinnamon sugar mixture and place on baking sheet. Lightly press down on dough to flatten it. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.

We are looking for CROCK-POT RECIPES:
Go here to our CROCKPOT RECIPES Page and enter in your favorite CrockPot Recipe. One recipe each week will be featured! 

5 comments :

  1. I feel bad that his failed attempts made him not want to try again. Keep encouraging him to try again. At least you were able to find a great recipe from an amazing blog to try. These look and sound so delicious. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awee..Bless him for wanting to try on his own. I hope he does not give up though. Great recipe! Looks perfect as a sweet fix, specially for my pregnant cousin who just cant seem to get enough of sweet things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love snickerdoodles. How fun your son wanted to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok...I made these today!! They are AWESOME!! I'll make sure to let everyone know where I got those when I post them ;);)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love snickerdoodles, yours look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...