background

Monday, August 15, 2011

THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS Linky Party #42 (SPECIAL DIETS) and Pineapple Sweet Potato Bake (GLUTEN-FREE & DAIRY-FREE)

THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS Linky Party #42
The Theme is: Special Diets (GLUTEN-FREE & DAIRY-FREE)
(Please share with us your favorite recipe for Special Diets!)

One of my 17-year old twins is still having a ton of problems with her stomach! We have another series of doctor appointments coming up, as they ruled out Celiac but they still do not know what's wrong with her. All we do know is that when she eats Gluten-Free and mostly Dairy-Free, it almost fixes itself, weird, I know. I have been sharing recipes on here every so often that are Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free, check them out if you are in need of things like this.

I came across this amazing cookbook, that I just LOVE LOVE; Cooking for Isaiah by Silvana Nardone. It is fun delicious ideas with all Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free meals. The author is Editor in Chief of Everyday with Rachel Ray and Isaiah is her son. She also has a great blog; Silvanas Kitchen. If you are looking for GLUTEN-FREE and/or DAIRY-FREE, I encourage you to check her out. All of her stuff looks amazing!

Sweet Potatoes are a new food for my family, as I never ever liked them growing up (sorry mom, but out of the can just doesn't cut it), they are so gross. Then I discovered fresh sweet potatoes, absolutely scrumptious. And my girls love them too! Now, we just look for different ways to prepare them. We already know we do NOT like them mashed, I don't know why, we just don't. Here are a few of our favorite Sweet Potato recipes.... Magic Sweet Potato Muffins, Sweet Potatoes & Apples, and now we have a new favorite Pineapple Sweet Potatoes.


Pineapple Sweet Potato Bake
(Gluten-Free & Dairy-Free)
adapted from Cooking for Isaiah Cookbook (many changes were made)

4 to 6 Sweet Potatoes, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 (20 oz can) crushed pineapple, drained
1 bag marshmallows

Preheat the oven to 350, Grease a 9x13 baking pan. Cut sweet potatoes in 1" slices and lay on the bottom of the pan. Mix together brown sugar, olive oil and salt. Spread the pineapples over top the sweet potatoes. Bake stirring once, until sweet potatoes are fully cooked, about 45 minutes. Top the sweet potatoes with as many or as few marshmallows as you wish, press lightly and then bake until toasted, about 5 minutes.

(Any left over sweet potatoes are great to blend up and use to make our delicious Magic Sweet Potato Muffins or the Banana Sweet Potato Muffins)

LIST OF "FOOD" LINKY PARTIES: It's MONDAY already! Let's do this bloggers... it's a fresh start to a NEW week! I can't wait to mix and mingle with all of you and see what has been cooking in your kitchens!


Please Grab Our Button !!!

This Week's Cravings Upcoming Linky "THEMES"
Here is a complete list of the past and what's coming up next on THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS!

August 22 - Peach Recipes "Eat a Peach Day"

August 29 - Labor Day BBQ Recipes


September 5 - After School Snacks & Munchies

September 12 - What recipes do you make with HONEY?

This is a BLOG Party hosted by From My Tiny Kitchen, Delightful Country Cookin' and MOMS CRAZY COOKING. If you are a regular link-up we're excited to see what you made this week. If you are new please read and follow the simple rules, so that everyone can enjoy the linky party! If you forget to follow the theme, your post will be deleted. Please don't feel hurt, just come back and link up a recipe that follows the theme. Thanks a million, we look forward to blogging with you!

The LINKY PARTY is opened ALL Week!

This week's theme is: SPECIAL DIETS (GLUTEN-FREE, DAIRY-FREE, NUT FREE & MORE)
Please only link recipes with our theme!

5 comments :

  1. Hi Tina! Happy Monday! We've included our 'special diets' - vegetarian and low carb - posts today. Vegetarian Pita and Ham and Egg Cups. Thanks for hostessing! - Cares

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing recipe! This is totally new to me and a must try! Thanks for sharing!@

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sweet potatoes too! I've recently tried a gluten free diet trying to see if my tummy troubles go away. I've been having luck if I stay away from soy and wheat. Hope your daughter can continue eating this way to stay healthy!

    I'm sure I have gluten free things on my blog, I just recently have been figuring out what gluten free is exactly so I don't have anything labeled on my blog. I'll check out the recipes though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this weekly theme! Speaking from my own gluten-free experience, the tests can be wrong and I personally feel if you stop eating gluten (and/or dairy) and you feel better, keep avoiding it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tina,
    I am so sorry, I linked my quiche to the dairy free, I thought it was for vegetables. You can delete it if you like, although it could easily be gluten free.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...